Are Kramer's Marketing Personnel on PCP or mushrooms?

romanianreaper

So, I'm checking put the Sweetwater site and I see the pre-orders for the new Kramer Barettas. IMO, either the marketing folks ingested something, Stevie Wonder chose the colors, or it is thr end of the world. They are absolutely hideous in my opinion. Hate to be negative but they just look awful. Lol

For the record. (also black and white)

Untitled.png

The Baretta Special is a pretty popular model as a mod platform.

I think this thing is fuckin sweet and priced great.

I found one of these in a local pawn shop, and that was my first thought was to mod it. Add a Floyd and maybe a decent pickup and for the money, you've got a nice little guitar. The two things that keep me from buying it were, (a) The weight.. I know folks (especially those that gig) look for lighter guitars, but this thing was feather light. Too light for me, as I like a little heft in a guitar and (b) the space around where the nut is didn't look like there would be enough room to route out a shelf for the locking nut without it hanging over open space but I didn't have a locking nut with me to actually see how deep the route would be. It might have worked, but it would have been close.

It's be a real pain in the ass to add a Floyd to one of those. I'd just grab one of the Floyd Barettas, then hot rod it.

Back