Audio Clip of Egnater amp build head

Mark Day

Here's an audio clip of the amp...I'm sure you've heard the riff before..lol.
The amp settings are gain-7.5, master-1.5, treble-6, mids-4, bass-9, presence-7. Shure SM57 on the right side, Palmer PDI09 on the left, no FX, I pushed the right side a few ms. Randall 2x12(Celestion 70/80)..sorry my Mesa 4x12's with V30 are in the trailer. Gibson Les Paul Standard Plus with EMG 85 and SPC. Guitar-Cable-Amp.
www.thesamhillband.com/eg57pdi9mark.mp3

Here's a solo added...it's a throw together sorry about the playing and mix...just an idea(a little delay added)
www.thesamhillband.com/egnatersolo.mp3

Mark
www.thesamhillband.com

Mark
www.thesamhillband.com

sounds awesome man, thanks for posting! I'm really looking forward to going to Bruce's class!

Bonus for the May and June seminars. Just add an effects loop and density control to the amp you will be building!!!! Previous builders contact me for updating your amps.

Bruce Egnater
begnater@aol.com
248-541-9100

:|::QBB:
tubesteakfortone":ce77e said:
It is the channel A of the SL 2.

What? This is getting really confusing! In Bruce's own description for the class he mentions the EG3.

"If you are familiar with our Egnater amps, the sound is similar to Channel 3 of the TOL100 or IE4 or our current EG3 module."

-Matt

Both of those have a similar amount of gain. The class amp has about the same gain and EQ but does have it's own sound because of a few other tweaks. It does have the smoothness of the EG3 but has a low end growl that those examples don't. I was really just using those to give an idea of the available gain since that is always the first question.

Bruce, e-mailed you twice and haven't heard back in regards to retrofitting my amp build with the effects loop and density control. I know you are busy, but am looking forward to having this on my amp!

Thanks

Buckeyedog":82413 said:
Bruce, e-mailed you twice and haven't heard back in regards to retrofitting my amp build with the effects loop and density control. I know you are busy, but am looking forward to having this on my amp!

Thanks

Bruce is away at the amp show in NY/NJ. He just finished designing the new turret board late last week. It will be awesome!!!

Mark

Cool, thanks Mark!! By the way, the amp rocked at the gig last night. Gig was lame, but the amp kicked butt! I'm running KT-77's in mine right now and it sounds great. Got another show tonight and I'm sure the amp will be ready to rock. :2thumbsup:

Oh, can anyone explain what a "density" control does?? Just curious.

Buckeyedog":b305c said:
Cool, thanks Mark!! By the way, the amp rocked at the gig last night. Gig was lame, but the amp kicked butt! I'm running KT-77's in mine right now and it sounds great. Got another show tonight and I'm sure the amp will be ready to rock. :2thumbsup:

Oh, can anyone explain what a "density" control does?? Just curious.

I've already put a Density control in mine, it's in the feedback circuit and boosts the bottom end even more...super fat and heavy. Just a 1 Meg pot in place of R24(220k resistor). Use the center and 1 end lug of the pot.
Easy as pie. For now just stick the pot in the hole for one of the spkr jacks.

Mark

Back