Audio Question for YouTube clip posters

skoora

So for those of you who are recording the amp separately from what’s shooting the video what are simple and easy ways to mix the video and audio. Just edit the vid in YT replacing the audio? Wouldn’t mind posting clips with non cell phone sound but don’t want to go crazy on investment. I already have Logic so recording is set and would just use cell phone for video. Apart from judging with eyes and ears, any easy methods for easily syncing the audio and video that don’t involve smpte or midi?

I say just take a picture of the amp and the setup and have that be the picture, then post the sound. Fuck making an entire video

I just post the audio clip and spare the viewers the visual.

It’s a trick I picked up from mailman since he practices dokken in a thong while sitting spread eagle in a chair.

All jokes aside the other reason I don’t bother with videos is because the lighting isn’t always optimal for recording and I normally don’t always record myself in the video. It’s just useless for my YouTube stuff.

I do slideshows for video mostly, when I record real guitar sounds.

TBH for syncing it up, Ill do it manually, checking phase by zooming in.

I kind of like the picture idea. I don’t care all that much to have myself in the video and the whole point is just the sound and the settings.

I use a free program called Shotcut for both Winodws and Mac.

It's super easy to line up audio and video because it shows you the soundwaves in both thr audio and video files so you can easily match them up visually and then just mute the audio on the video track

Hit record on your phone, then Logic. Do 4 rakes of the pick accross your strings. Then use imovie. Bring your Logic track and vid into iMovie. Line up the 4 rakes from the Logic track to the ones on the videos audio track. Use the doom function to get it as close as possible.

Hit play and watch to see if your picking hand movements are lining up with your Logic audio.

You can slide the Logic audio left/right to get it perfect from there.

Hit record on your phone, then Logic. Do 4 rakes of the pick accross your strings. Then use imovie. Bring your Logic track and vid into iMovie. Line up the 4 rakes from the Logic track to the ones on the videos audio track. Use the doom function to get it as close as possible.

Hit play and watch to see if your picking hand movements are lining up with your Logic audio.

You can slide the Logic audio left/right to get it perfect from there.
I have tried that and I found myself never feeling good about whether it was lining up right. I was hoping my brain would just sense when it seemed correct but would just end up second guessing it too much.
I will try again though as I havent tried it in quite a while,

I have tried that and I found myself never feeling good about whether it was lining up right. I was hoping my brain would just sense when it seemed correct but would just end up second guessing it too much.
I will try again though as I havent tried it in quite a while,
I did exactly this for about 2 years then moved to Adobe Premier. Much easier to be honest.

I use Magix video editing software, it has a function in it that will align files automatically if they have the same audio content, saves a lot of time!

I use Magix video editing software, it has a function in it that will align files automatically if they have the same audio content, saves a lot of time!
I hate to hijack the thread but we all love your videos/playing/tone.

Was the DLR cancellations a shock to you or did you see that coming? Do you think he will get back on it?

Back