Auto Level Adjustment No More?

Raven

After having just put my VB-101 though it's paces properly for the first time since the update, I'm happy to report that my presets sounded great right off the bat & needed no tweaking whatsoever save for the input/output levels (in fact, everything seemed to sound a bit better even :). However, when tweaking the input/output levels I noticed that the very handy auto-levelling feature that used to be in the VB-101 no longer seems to be there. Although this is no biggie as I've adjusted everything manually, this was a cool little feature that made setting your levels exactly right an absolute breeze; so, I'm just wondering why this feature has been removed?

The Setup menu changed a little but the SGA feature is still there. Don't you find it in the menu, or does it not work properly ?

The menu that pops up when I turn any of the level knobs just show the various input/output levels in db, it doesn't give me any further options from what I can see. The way it used to work was that you'd just turn the levels up to maximum & then it would auto-adjust for optimum performance, is it something that we have to activate somewhere specifically in a menu instead now then?

Hi Raven, did you go to the Setup menu? Bruno is not talking about the menu that pops up when you turn the output level, the Setup menu appears when you press the... Setup button. ;)

By the way, we launched a little update on the VB-101 firmware that you may want to check.;)

Actually, I didn't check the main setup menu as it was always automatic before upon turning the input/output knobs so I assumed that it would either operate the same way, or else be within the levels menu as it's a level related setting. I'll fire up the VB-101 over the weekend, run whatever updates are available & then check within the main setup menu as advised (thanks for your help :). Just out of interest though, what was the reason for no longer making this an automatic thing? I always thought that the way the auto-level adjust worked before was an awesome feature & it seems a shame to lose it.

Hi again guys, I've finally gotten around to checkling this out & my SGA settings are set to in/out. I guess this means that it is indeed switched on ...it still doesn't seem to be doing anything though. Again, this isn't a big problem as I've manually set my levels now anyway, but I thought you should know incase there's a bug you need to address or something. Oh, & I did run the update that mentioned addressing a bug relating to SGA before testing; however, even though there was a brief moment when it mentioned 'gain reduction' after I turned everything up to full, it didn't actually reduce the gain at all, the clipping meters still stayed at full & I ended up having to turn everything down manually again. Hope this feedback is helpful, it would seem that something has gone a little awry with SGA since the update.

The function had to be re-written, as it has to take care of two channels now.

Bruno is away until next week but he'll look at that ASAP, thank you for the feedback it's always appreciated.

Back