Awesome Washburn Customer Service

neuroop

A few weeks ago, after a gig, at 4 AM lugging gear home, the strap of my Washburn PS12 gig back broke, the guitar hit ground and left a 2 inch ding in the body.

I figured oh well, mojo for my guitar, then I thought - the strap - plastic locks on each end - should not break on a relatively new guitar. So...

Contacted Washburn customer service and they told me normally this kind of thing is not covered but they would help me out.

My PS12 was one of the first they made and came with usa seymour duncan mini humbuckers, while the newer ones do not, they are washburn mini humbuckers I think made overseas.

They agreed to swap out the pickups and put the seymour duncans into a brand new guitar.

They paid for me to ship it to them, and to mail the replacement back, all done within one week.

Nice job by Washburn and I figured others should know about their response...

And the new gig back has metal stap locks and ends.

one of the best super strats I have ever played was a nuno n4. everything about it ruled. it played effortlessly, it sounded great, and was very articulate regardless of what amp it was plugged in to. my friend got it from a giant n4 dealer in the middle of the country somewhere. it was white and from a series of 7. I tried to get it from him for a while, then forgot about it over the next year or so. I saw him around a year later and said, "hey man, I will still buy it!" He was hurting for cash a couple months before I saw him and sold it to a pawn shop for 600 bucks!! I thought he meant he was getting it back for paying a 600 dollar payment, but he actually sold it, not pawned it!! I was bummed. I could have got it for super cheap, but he didn't call. just sold it to the pawn shop! I know it has nothing to do with washburn customer service, but I am sure I would have had great customer service if I had got the n4.

You are not alone man I got some GREAT CS on a unique high end USA Custom shop Washburn ( we are talking PRS private stock $ here so--) I owned the only time I had to deal with them on a CS issue. It was a NOS guitar that I bought from a long time dealer and was long out of production when i got it but because I was the 1st owner they still honored the warranty and made things right! Really like the company and they do NOT get the respect they should in the industry.
My collection of old mid 1990's US Custom shop Washburn MG's are just plain MONSTERS!

Back