Axe-FX: Killswitch Engage "My Curse"

Nolly

Hey guys,

I thought I'd have a go at recreating this awesome metal tone with my Axe-FX, since I bought a Red Wire impulse pack today.
I found this great backing online, tweaked around a bit, and here's what I got:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/790683/KsE%20-% ... edWire.mp3

It's not dead on, but I'm quite happy with how it came out :)

The guitar is my Blackmachine B6, with a Bare Knuckle ceramic Nailbomb in the bridge, straight into my Axe-FX.

Cheers!

Nolly

Wicked, thanks guys!

Personally, I feel this tone is slightly too "5150-y" for the KsE sound, a bit too snarly in the upper mids and not rounded enough in the low end. I may try with the Uberschall, Recto or VH4 models next, or even the SLO.
Cheers for the feedback :)

Nolly":2dcrwtvs said:
Wicked, thanks guys!

Personally, I feel this tone is slightly too "5150-y" for the KsE sound, a bit too snarly in the upper mids and not rounded enough in the low end. I may try with the Uberschall, Recto or VH4 models next, or even the SLO.
Cheers for the feedback :)

recto and 5150 would nail most of their tones boosted with 808s of course.

Yeah, you'd think that would nail it but there's still something missing. I have hope for the Uber and VH4 models though.

Sounds awesome. :rock:

I would try to get a bit more mid content on those guitars to put the nail in the coffin.

Like I said on BKP forum, this is a very good representation of the ceramic nailbomb. Great tone!

The closest I came to nailing the KSE tone with the Axe-FX was with the SLO model.
I can't record for shit though :cry:

It's sounds really heavy, the only complaint I have is that I hear some crackling before the right guitar part kicks in.

Back