AXE FX!!!!!

This will be the case until the next flavour of the month...or everyone goes back to the regularly scheduled MarkIV / modded Marshalls ;)

This isn't a sleight on the AxeFX at all....just the nature of the GAS beast. :D

Unfortunately there hasn't been a new Flavor of the Month for quite some time now :( The AxeFX has won by a longshot, even after release

carlygtr56":2hoaadwi said:
Anybody use Budda, Orange, or Mesa Roadster/Stletto/Lonestar?

I picked up a Budda SD18 head a month or two ago, I am loving that thing! I am surprised I haven't picked it up earlier. Haven't tried the 30,45 or 80 yet though. Would be really interested to hear it with other tubes

stratotone":2nsjgmby said:
carlygtr56":2nsjgmby said:

Yeah, I have a Stiletto actually. :)

I played a Stiletto not long ago that sounded really great. Also played a Lonestar that you really had use your ears to dial in. It didnt have your normal eq settings but using your ears snd set right it was very very cool tone. Actually IMHO sounded the best through a Mesa 4x10. :rock:

carlygtr56":15njvzby said:
Love the Budda and the Mesa's , so far Im getting them in spades with the Axe.... Lotta talk for someone who hasnt even touched the unit...

ejecta":34co8fdl said:
stratotone":34co8fdl said:
carlygtr56":34co8fdl said:

Yeah, I have a Stiletto actually. :)

I played a Stiletto not long ago that sounded really great. Also played a Lonestar that you really had use your ears to dial in. It didnt have your normal eq settings but using your ears snd set right it was very very cool tone. Actually IMHO sounded the best through a Mesa 4x10. :rock:

I found the same thing with the Lonestars, really weird dialing in a tone when you are looking at the knobs.

Stratboy151":1p3nqu0w said:
its axefx fever here!!!!!!!!!!! haha you guys are too much

Got me thinking there must be an attachment on the AxeFX that fits over one's member......

Whatever the case. The Axe FX is bringing the shredders out of hiding. There is some seriously impressive playing floating around all of a sudden.

Gee, I'd MUCH rather have 5 amps, a bunch of pedals, a/b switchers, loop switchers, batteries, powersupplies and cables to deal with when gigging!

NOT!!!

Yes the AxeFx does fuggin RULE! :thumbsup:

daver101":9r319sx7 said:
carlygtr56":9r319sx7 said:

Budda SD45 here.

I played one at Eddies in St Louis. That was great souding amp. Only thing was I wasnt sure how to balance the level of the clean and gain channels. :confused:

timbo":1wyr1f3w said:
Gee, I'd MUCH rather have 5 amps, a bunch of pedals, a/b switchers, loop switchers, batteries, powersupplies and cables to deal with when gigging!

NOT!!!

Yes the AxeFx does fuggin RULE! :thumbsup:

I've said all along that if I were in band that I had to have alot different tones for covers and gigged so much that wagging a head and cab with a large pedal then yeah Id buy an Axe FX in heart beat. That however isnt what I do, I'm not in a band that does covers to the point to where I need all that also I havent gotten to the point to where taking my Bogner and a 2x12 and my smallish pedal board with the M13 is that big if a hassle.

carlygtr56":2xazp2f7 said:

I had a Rockerverb 100 for about 2 years and it killed! Great moded Marshall tones with a sweet clean as well. It was one of the few amps that actually sounded great at very low volumes...

Back