Bad Cat Lynx - undiscovered gem of their line

ampjunkie

I demoed one of these on a whim in a guitar store... I'd seen them before, but kinda blew them off, because I wasn't that into the Hot Cat ...

Well, this amp KILLS. One of the best cleans you'll get in a channel switcher.... reeally good. The Gain channel seems like an SLO and a Marshall thrown in a blender. The mid boost control makes all the difference. Much easier to dial in than the Hot Cat.

The overdrive is it's own animal. You gotta try one ...

agreed!! just picked one up yesterday, and played a show with it last night. I'm still smiling. Face hurts a little.

One of my favorite amps of all time. Incredibly thick, complex lead tones and fantastic cleans. Plus it owns a mix like no other... :thumbsup:

I agree, the Lynx is my favorite of the line. Are any bigger artists or bands using them? I'd love to hear some "in context" clips.

I plugged into a Bad Cat at the local music store few months back.
Wasnt sure what model it was but it sounded AWESOME!!!
Super growly / metal tone.
I couldnt stop playing it.
The head was about $2400 so not sure what model it was?? :confused:

It blew me away. :thumbsup:

I'm obsessed with mine. It can pull off gain levels across the entire spectrum with it's own immediate, dense, organic sounds.

I'm conflicted posting about it, because honestly, it's bewildering obscurity is appealing

I got my Lynx about a year and a half ago. Had a Hot Cat 30R at the same time. Sold the HC30R. The Lynx is just a great straight up rock amp. The clean is awesome and the gain channel is modded Marshall goodness with a bit of it's own thing going on. I've gigged with it several times and feel it's a great work horse live amp.

I wish I could find another to try. I tried one once, but there had to be something wrong....it just sounded bleh - knobs were fairly unresponsive. I don't know, I want to hear another - because it just didn't have similar qualities to all the other bad cats I've owned and played.

Lynx user. I love mine. Coverted it to a 2x12 combo and loaded her with greenbacks. I get super thick cleans and all the overdrive I need.

l_3542cbf0145c45f8b33c439a32bc4edb.jpg

speaking of greenback types, has anyone here tried their lynx with scumback m75's? what's the consensus?

I'm adding a 212 to the small family and that's the direction I'm leaning

That tone from Porcupine Tree is fantastic, I had never heard of them before. I may have just gotten GAS for a Lynx. I need to try one out. Its this or the Bogner 20th Shiva (KT88).

nullin":1f0rskfe said:
I agree, the Lynx is my favorite of the line. Are any bigger artists or bands using them? I'd love to hear some "in context" clips.

I watched a "rig rundown" video on youtube for Daughtry - he and his lead guitar player both play a Lynx for all their shows.

I played the Hot Cat the other day...not a fan, it sounded really "fizzy" with any gain. Although the clean was fantastic.

lespaul3013":4vlde2gn said:
I played the Hot Cat the other day...not a fan, it sounded really "fizzy" with any gain. Although the clean was fantastic.

That's what the "EDGE" knob is for. At about 9:00 it smooths it out completely.

Back