Bad Guys to Trade With

KarolisZ":177o316u said:
I had a not very pleasant deal with gbsmusic. He wrote me that he had what I was looking for. We talk for a few days and I was organizing payment ant everything a few days and I wrote him that everything is set and I will pay the money as soon as I can. He said he will send the unit as soon as he gets the money and a few hours later he wrote me that he sold the unit to another guy. Just wasted my time. Not very reliable seller.

If you can't run with the big dogs?? Anyways.....Your in the wrong here and it's YOU that wasted HIS time....Welcome to rig -talk :D

I was just reading this and decided to post an experiance I had a while ago with with Sebby123.

I purchased a Pedaltrain board from him. I asked him be the transaction if the PS mounting hardware were with the board. He said yes.
Anyway, the board showed up late. Not a super big deal. The board showed up as described except no mouting hardware. Mistakes happen. I keep in contact with him over the next few months to try and get the hardware shipped out to me. Each time I talk to him he tells me he is going to ship them out. Finally he stopped replying to my PM's. After 3-4 months I gave up.

I ended up getting some hardware on ebay. It was cheap so it wasnt really putting me out. Its just the fact of the matter.

So for member Sebby123 Ill say "Proceed with Caution"

the user "baw". He sent me a 5150 amp, promising it was in good condition. This couldn't be further from the truth. To start, it had no tubes in it. Not even a pre-amp tube. There was no power cable to be found, and to top it all off...the box was damp inside. When I finally tracked down his number, his mother answered the phone and I could hear him screaming at her audibly over the phone. I would avoid trading with him at all costs.

The Hoff is SirBoye? :shocked: :shocked: :shocked:

How come I dealt with both and didn't know about that (I dealt with The Hoff via our mutual friend though)? Holy shit. :confused: :LOL: :LOL:

I never had problems with Ryan though :thumbsup: He shipped two amps across the ocean and I got them fine (as far as I can recall).
Though I know you Americans are lazy so I always include detailed packing instructions to each of my sellers ;)

::fred::":1615iop1 said:
The Hoff is SirBoye? :shocked: :shocked: :shocked:

How come I dealt with both and didn't know about that (I dealt with The Hoff via our mutual friend though)? Holy shit. :confused: :LOL: :LOL:

I never had problems with Ryan though :thumbsup: He shipped two amps across the ocean and I got them fine (as far as I can recall).
Though I know you Americans are lazy so I always include detailed packing instructions to each of my sellers ;)
:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Thanks for the kind words. Yeah, I messed up on two transactions. One I was stupidly lazy/busy with other things and the other I shipped it in a vertical position :doh:

I've learned my lesson and did my best to reimburse/remedy where I did mess up. Haven't messed up since and no one should ever hear anything negative about me again! :thumbsup:

This is what it came down to:
The Hoff":1615iop1 said:
Ya. I'm the same guy. Changed my name because makemusic85 kept harassing me and brought it over to rig-talk. I may look suspicious now because of this but I simply decided to ignore him after all the b.s..

But ya-I guess I will try and tell my end of the story:
I sold him a 1981 Gibson SG that I had refinished by Pat Wilkins. I honestly don't remember the exact amount but I think it was $600. It had a brand new Suhr Aldrich set and new wiring. obviously I would have asked for more than $600 if it hadn't had a neck repair. I told him about this on the phone. Apparently he even sent messages to tgp administrators where I was telling him I'd pay him back or something....? Don't know how that could have happened, I never sent such messages. Either way, I figured I would ignore him-my conscious was clear so, I just left it as the, "same old gear page crap that you always hear about."

Actual time, I've sent you a PM, I'll get that power cord out to you, I hadn't been on my sirboye account since, I was tired of his harassment. A buddy of mine (solid snake) just sent me a text right now saying this thread was on here. I have numerous references from people who know I am a legit buyer/seller.

I apologize for what I'm sure looks suspicious but-I figured I'd just save myself the headache and start a new reputation since this guy was set on ruining mine because of what I figured was buyers remorse.

And with the amp I shipped with "poor packing" was really just a dumb decision on my end. I shipped it standing vertically and it caused some pressure on the head, I sent payment for a new head cabinet thus taking full responsibility for that poor decision. I would have done the same if I had been in the wrong with this guy as well but-I wasn't.

AVOID Jorkue LIKE THE PLAUGE!!!

THIS SELLER SOLD ME A BRUNO COWTIPPER A WHILE BACK THAT HAD SERIOUS WIRING ISSUES. I HAD TO GET IT REPAIRED AS THE BRIGHT SWITCH MADE A LOUD HUM AND THE AMP WAS UNUSABLE AS A RESULT. THIS HAPPENED THE VERY FIRST TIME I PLUGGED IN TO THE AMP AND I TOLD HIM RIGHT AWAY ABOUT THE ISSUE. I SENT HIM SEVERAL MESSAGES WHICH HE NEVER RESPONDED TO ANY OF THEM. I STILL HAVE ALL OF THE PM'S FROM TGP TO BACK IT UP!!!!

I'VE DONE HUNDREDS OF TRANSACTIONS ON THE FORUMS AND THIS WAS ONE OF THE ONLY TIMES THAT I FELT LIKE I GOT SCREWED BY SOMEONE.

jlkeena@yahoo.com

eBay User ID : Joruke

KarolisZ":24gki2ep said:
I had a not very pleasant deal with gbsmusic. He wrote me that he had what I was looking for. We talk for a few days and I was organizing payment ant everything a few days and I wrote him that everything is set and I will pay the money as soon as I can. He said he will send the unit as soon as he gets the money and a few hours later he wrote me that he sold the unit to another guy. Just wasted my time. Not very reliable seller.
if "everything is set", you should have paid him right there, and you would have owned it. Unless you have some kind of deposit down, first to pay the asking price should get the item every time. I could see you being upset if you paid, and then he refunded saying he sold it to someone else, but you have no valid reason here to put his name in this thread. In this economy, if someone is willing to actually pull the trigger and put money down, you take it.

Just had a great transaction with Greg(gbsmusic) recently, or I wouldn't have seen this. He paid immediately, my complete asking price, and exactly by my terms. I made a friend out of the deal too, so an excellent bonus. :thumbsup:

Teqnick

I bought a guitar from him that was supposed to be shipped in a gigbag. It wasn't. Also, the pickups had grounding issues which cost $100 too have fixed. He avoided all PMs after the sale. ASSHOLE.

michael-jackson-eating-popcorn.gif

I do not like to say bad things about anyone as I prefer to make friends vs enemy's. That said, be careful with "Philly wood". Don't say I didn't warn you!

zee1usa":21ejbeo9 said:
I do not like to say bad things about anyone as I prefer to make friends vs enemy's. That said, be careful with "Philly wood". Don't say I didn't warn you!

You have quite a set on you. You ripped me off and I'm the bad guy?

This seller zee1usa advertised a "NEW limited edition Marshall AFD100 $1750"

http://www.rig-talk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=116088

He asked for a Paypal gift payment. I told him I did not want to use the gift option but I would add $25 (for a total of $1775). He agreed and I sent the $1775 payment.

The amp arrived and as I was taking it out of the box I noticed 2 gouge marks where the back had been pried off with a screwdriver or some other tool. I stopped right there and contacted the seller and told him that this was not a "NEW" amplifier (as advertised) and I wanted to return it immediately (at my expense) for a refund.

Pics here:

http://00608fe.netsolhost.com/P1010001.JPG
http://00608fe.netsolhost.com/P1010002.JPG

He told me that “I got a great deal” and he won’t accept a return. He then a couple days later added some nonsense about restocking fees to his signature here on RT:

At the time I bought this amp from him, there were 2 amps for sale cheaper (1 online and 1 local) I only bought this from him (and paid a premium) because he listed it as NEW. This amp is not NEW.

He is not even the original owner of this amp. I contacted the music store listed on the receipt he provided and the store informed me this item was sold to someone with a different name than his and it had been delivered almost a year ago.

I also believe the tubes have been swapped but cannot prove it. This amp has 5 12ax7 tubes. 3 of them have 2009 date codes and 2 have 2011 date codes. Is it possible Marshall shipped a new amp with 2009 tubes in 2011? I don’t know.

So I ask you Nick, Why would someone have to “be careful” dealing with me? What was it that I, as the buyer, did wrong? You have my $1775 and I have a damaged amp that was advertised as new?

losyboy23 sold me a Crybaby pedal. I paid on April 24th. On May 10th he had not yet shipped, but promised to by the weekend. It is May 24th and no word from him, no answered PM. This is my second deal with him. The first time he took two weeks to ship, but he kept in touch. Hopefully he wasn't hit by a bus or something.

Arrived first week of June.

ouch on a bad delivery would you open a paypal dispute just to cover your but or wait around on the seller to open a dispute with ups and hope all goes well?
Im a lil perplexed on an item i recieved with some internal damage..
seller had it insured but hey i dont trust anyone anymore ya know?? said there was no probs before he sent it now havin some issues.
horrible humming and blown a fuse lol what would you do? and yes he is a rig talker but that don't mean a shit anymore and I don't wanna look like an asshole opening a dispute..

Phillywood":1nqv4xka said:
zee1usa":1nqv4xka said:

You have quite a set on you.

You ripped me off and I'm the bad guy?

I did not rip you off ! I offered you a refund, just cover my shipping cost. You we're not even man enough to call me and work it out before pulling the PayPal "fire alarm"

He asked for a Paypal gift payment. I told him I did not want to use the gift option but I would add $25 (for a total of $1775). He agreed and I sent the $1775 payment.

The amp arrived and as I was taking it out of the box I noticed 2 gouge marks where the back had been pried off with a screwdriver or some other tool. I stopped right there and contacted the seller and told him that this was not a "NEW" amplifier (as advertised) and I wanted to return it immediately (at my expense) for a refund.

Pics here:

Purchased from a rig talk member brand new with less than an hour and you have the receipt :doh:

He told me that “I got a great deal” and he won’t accept a return. He then a couple days later added some nonsense about restocking fees to his signature here on RT:

Because of people like you, I had to add that.

At the time I bought this amp from him, there were 2 amps for sale cheaper (1 online and 1 local) I only bought this from him (and paid a premium) because he listed it as NEW. This amp is not NEW.

(Prove it) You got a smoking deal

He is not even the original owner of this amp. I contacted the music store listed on the receipt he provided and the store informed me this item was sold to someone with a different name than his and it had been delivered almost a year ago.

you need to ask questions before you buy things such as DATES, photos etc. Also I have proof of 4 members including the purchaser to back up my claims and they are respected forum members here and friends with Brad. The amp was pre ordered on a waiting list is why the dates are different, also I had the amp in my possession for awhile. This does not change the fact that the amp was and is in new condition.

I also believe the tubes have been swapped but cannot prove it. This amp has 5 12ax7 tubes. 3 of them have 2009 date codes and 2 have 2011 date codes. Is it possible Marshall shipped a new amp with 2009 tubes in 2011? I don’t know.

Ya, you don't know! you already admitted to taking apart the amp and if you damaged it and send it back to me that way your going to pay for it

So I ask you Nick, Why would someone have to “be careful” dealing with me? What was it that I, as the buyer, did wrong? You have my $1775 and I have a damaged amp that was advertised as new?

I am not an authorized Marshall dealer. The amp had less than an hour on it, THE AMP WAS NEW and PayPal has your money and you have my amp. Your claims are petty and you have wasted a lot of my time energy and reputation.

zee1usa":2pa5nhuv said:
Phillywood":2pa5nhuv said:
zee1usa":2pa5nhuv said:

You have quite a set on you.

You ripped me off and I'm the bad guy?

I did not rip you off , I offered you a refund, just cover my shipping. You we're not even man enough to call me and work it out before pulling the PayPal "fire alarm"

Pics here:

Purchased from a rig-talk member brand new with less than an hour and you have the receipt :doh:

Because of people like you I had to add that

(Prove it) You got a smoking deal

you need to ask questions before you buy things such as DATES, photos etc. Also I have proof of 4 members including the purchaser to back up my claims and they are respected forum members here and friends with Brad. The amp was pre ordered on a waiting list is why the dates are different, also I had the amp in my possession for awhile. This does not change the fact that the amp was and is in new condition when shipped to you.

Ya, you don't know! I believe you took apart the amp and if you damaged it and send it back to me that way your going to pay for it

I am not an authorized Marshall dealer . The amp had less than an hour on it. THE AMP WAS NEW, and Paypal has your money and you have my amp. Your claims are petty and you have wasted a lot of my time energy and reputation.

From Michael Smith-The Orchestra Suite
Wow, looks like Nick has had it up to his temples. So I know Nick personally and I have not only seen this amp but I was at his home studio the day he received it and it is new condition and sounded amazing, there is and never was any damage to this amp at any extend, he pulled it out of the box and it shreds, sounded amazing then he put it back on the shelf since he is a collector of fine and precise instruments. I as a professional studio owner, orchestral composing engineer and blues guitarist for over 47 years. I have bought 7 Marshall heads and 5 cabinets from Nick and every piece of gear he owns is in the cleanest condition without any damage. He is so anal he even puts new towels between the amps, heads and cabinets to prevent marks or dust from settling. So if you received this amp and have complained like I see here then perhaps your screw drivers and soldering iron should be retired and you should only buy gear sight and seen on the spot. Your comments really look suspicious and they are not true and I will be part of this case if necessary, I will stand up for the truth. I just bought a 1957 Gold top re-issue from Nick three weeks ago and it is flawless being as he is also a great guitarist and beyond honesty as a person and collector. With your claim the fact is: Nick does not have the amp and PayPal has his money so he is at a loss. Why don't you just send me the amp and I will take it to Marshall personally and have it checked out, then if there is damage I will have Marshall write a report and investigate your claims, if that is not good enough just send it back and I will buy it and PayPal can send your money back after inspection as I know this amp is the real deal. It sounds to me like what you have is a purchase that you damaged and are trying to point the finger at the seller or some other type of way out of your decision. All is can say is "shame on you" for trying to damage a fine mans credibility. You should not be buying online, I wonder also how do you know since you state there is internal damage? Did you take the amp out of the case and damage it? Once again shame on you for the games you play with someones gear and time, you may be better off looking around on Craigslist since that is where scammers go!

WOW!! I can comment on the AFD head. I was with Nick when he bought the amp. He bought it from my friend and I can say the amp was brand new and sounded fine. Ive delt with Nick a few times and he has always been a straight shooter when Ive delt with him. I am not bad mouthing you Phillywood, I'm just telling my dealings with Nick.

I've done several international deals with Nick and they have all been great, buying or selling. He's always been straight up and is a respected member of the board. Something has to give though......if PP has the money locked up because of the complaint from Philly, then they need to unwind this mess - the amp needs to go back to Nick and the funds released back to the buyer. Doesn't looks like they are anywhere near an amicable solution on settlement.

gbsmusic":2791a3fw said:
WOW!! I can comment on the AFD head. I was with Nick when he bought the amp. He bought it from my friend and I can say the amp was brand new and sounded fine. Ive delt with Nick a few times and he has always been a straight shooter when Ive delt with him. I am not bad mouthing you Phillywood, I'm just telling my dealings with Nick.
I can back this up 100%

Back