Bad news for B.A.D

Just confirmed from a very reliable source that the smoke and water damage did impact all the brands. It’s not good. On top of that, the fire insurance they had wasn’t the best.

This is taking a negative turn. Unsure what any of the brands will do at this point, but due to the damage and shitty insurance policy, it’s not looking good for some of them.

Just confirmed from a very reliable source that the smoke and water damage did impact all the brands. It’s not good. On top of that, the fire insurance they had wasn’t the best.

This is taking a negative turn. Unsure what any of the brands will do at this point, but due to the damage and shitty insurance policy, it’s not looking good for some of them.
Damn, that really sucks. Hopefully they can all keep going.

Alot of Insurance only covers the structure & not the contents. And those policies that cover the contents have a cap or limited coverage.
The BAD warehouse was packed to the rafters. They will never be fully compensated. The first video tour i saw of the place my first reaction as someone who completed shipboard & aircraft fire fighting school is that the place was a fire hazard waiting to happen.

Surely they had insurance that would at least cover the costs. I know insurance companies will do ANYTHING to not pay but I'm hoping they don't lose out here. Would be devastating.

But either way, BAD seems to be such a big and important company I can't see them going under regardless. Some investor will step in.

Surely they had insurance that would at least cover the costs. I know insurance companies will do ANYTHING to not pay but I'm hoping they don't lose out here. Would be devastating.

But either way, BAD seems to be such a big and important company I can't see them going under regardless. Some investor will step in.
Gibson-Brands.jpg

YOU RANNNGG????

Alot of Insurance only covers the structure & not the contents. And those policies that cover the contents have a cap or limited coverage.
The BAD warehouse was packed to the rafters. They will never be fully compensated. The first video tour i saw of the place my first reaction as someone who completed shipboard & aircraft fire fighting school is that the place was a fire hazard waiting to happen.
From their posts, it seems they leased the warehouse house… in which case any insurance coverage they had would likely be related to contents… they’re not insuring a structure they don’t own. But who knows what their policy limits were.

Another thing is a lot of the buildings in the older areas of LA are grandfathered in on a lot of safety requirements.
Seeing how badly twisted the metal beams got from the heat makes you wonder about the sprinkler system.

I could only imagine the Deductibles, personal Property coverage, And the Fine print of min safety requirements They are going through right now. Im sure the insurance company is taking their shots. I hope they release some info soon i know myself and some other people have some large orders in Are kinda of Left hanging out there.

Another thing is a lot of the buildings in the older areas of LA are grandfathered in on a lot of safety requirements.
Seeing how badly twisted the metal beams got from the heat makes you wonder about the sprinkler system.
Id be flabbergasted if that building had any kind of fire suppression system.
As far as the insurance goes alot has to do with the cause & the LA County Fire Marshall's report.
If the fire is arson or suspicious you can kiss your payout check goodbye.
All speculation here but if i ordered an amp id seek a refund.
This shit could take years in court to settle.

Last edited:
I never preorder anything, but of course the one exception would have to be a WW20 a few weeks before this happens. I guess I’ll contact Wildwood and see if I can get a refund or store credit. I was ok with waiting a couple of months from when I ordered it, but I don’t want to be out that much money indefinitely.

Anyone know if the amp chassis's themselves are assembled and/or stored at BAD?
My understanding is they did everything else but the chassis.

The good news if any is Freidman does have his own space
Reinhold Bogner who they are friends w has a shop to build as well as does Bruce Egnater up in Michigan so they could built orders in other shops but the fact that they were the only North American DZL
Rep really sucks for them

Back