Baltimore Bridge Collapse

Yup I almost linked Matthew and Thessalonians. It’s just such a huge subject and like I said it goes back to only he knows the appointed time. We’re in total agreement though. And I am a firm believer in possession . After spending 22 years in a federal prison I have seen some shit that you can’t file away as someone being schizophrenic. I just hope my children and my family make the muster. I am a terrible Christian and will probably be spewed out for being lukewarm in my faith. But I believe and repent but backslide constantly. Oh well.
you’re solid my brother and i love you and your uniquely appointed style. salt. you aren’t terrible. every day is a new chance to make a positive difference.
we’re all filthy rags yet by some miracle God still wants us. i couldn’t imagine working 22 in the big house and the depravity you must be exposed to in that time. Bless you man.

He always has to interject himself, his past, his lost son, whatever - into tragedies like this. And most all of them involve a lie. Super weird. The creep needs to retire.
you should have seen the local blowback when he finally dragged himself away from the beach and ice cream and came to Lahaina, driving his motorcade through throngs of residents flipping him the bird, and tried to compare the devastation there with a small kitchen fire he “barely escaped” in one of his homes where he almost lost a corvette.

The fires of persecution is the testing ground of the Lord's people. The martyrs are precious to the Lord. There have been many, even in current times, and there will be more. All the apostles but John were martyred. One saint has said that if we knew the glories to come we would hope to endure even more sufferings, that our reward might be greater yet here I am complaining to myself on Lent because of a fast day and prep to commune tonight. My wife was trying to do something nice and made me wings and unfortunately I could not take flight, lol. The woman can cook......

Yup I almost linked Matthew and Thessalonians. It’s just such a huge subject and like I said it goes back to only he knows the appointed time. We’re in total agreement though. And I am a firm believer in possession . After spending 22 years in a federal prison I have seen some shit that you can’t file away as someone being schizophrenic. I just hope my children and my family make the muster. I am a terrible Christian and will probably be spewed out for being lukewarm in my faith. But I believe and repent but backslide constantly. Oh well.
Me too mate - just run the race and persist.

You... and we all, only human Brother Stoivo.

Remember, we tend to grade our sins by degrees of severity and beat ourselves up over them, but in God's eyes, they're equal in that they either are or are not in line with His standard, a much-higher bar than any of us can maintain for any decent length of time.

22 yrs in fed lock up. Wow. thats some serious shit

I know a big NYC mobster who just got out after 31 in Butner

and I didn't go pay my respects. Im hoping by now that my name was erased from his memory

A conspiracy theory should not be the default position.
Indeed, but the default intelligent position in life in-general is one of scepticism, so at least it falls under that umbrella, which AFAIC is a healthy one.

Jumping to conclusions 'though, as you rightly point out, is fraught with dangers. :dunno:

You don't automatically jump to some wacko conspiracy theory without extraordinary evidence. A conspiracy theory should not be the default position.
As time wears on though all these things that used to seem like far out wack ass conspiracy theories are more and more being discovered to be facts. Things like the FBI and other government agencies mobilizing covertly against a large portion of the American population. Slowly, people are becoming aware that the government is lying to you constantly and is not your friend. You are a piggy bank to them. They want you to work until you die and hand the fruit of your labor over to them. In the face of these things it's understandable that people's default position is to believe you are being lied to. There is no trust in government institutions. And with good reason.

in the spirit of fairness i put in an inquiry in to one of our state’s DC delegates Rep. Jill Tokuda to let her know at least one of her constituents was thinking about the big picture impacts to hawaii’s supply chain, and got an official US government response yesterday:

Thank you for the call regarding the Baltimore Bridge that collapsed and if it will have negative effects to our supply chain in Hawaii. As of right now, we do not have much information but please see below an article from Punchbowl News.

Happy Friday morning.

Washington is in the very early stages
of its response to the Francis Scott Key Bridge disaster in Baltimore. There are a lot of conversations going on — between the Biden administration and Capitol Hill, between Capitol Hill and Annapolis and between the Biden administration and state and local officials in Maryland.

Absolutely nothing has been decided upon thus far. This is a point we cannot underline enough. Not even all the victims of the disaster have been recovered at this point.

But we’ve spoken with the players involved in this effort. And the broad outlines of what will need to be done are becoming clear.

Let’s start here: The effort to rebuild the bridge will be very pricey — several billion dollars, according to estimates we’ve heard from Annapolis, the Hill and the White House. Several sources estimated that the administration is going to ask Congress for more than $1 billion to respond to the crisis. Again, this assessment is still in the earliest stages and nothing has been decided upon yet.

The Department of Transportation made $60 million from the Federal Highway Administration’s “‘quick release’ Emergency Relief (ER) funds” available to Maryland officials on Thursday.

But Baltimore has a lot of needs right now, as we pointed out in the Midday edition Thursday. The Dali is still in the Patapsco River, clogging up the shipping channel for the Port of Baltimore. Once the Dali — nearly 1,000 feet long and weighing more than 150,000 tons when fully loaded — is gone from the site, salvage workers can begin removing bridge debris from the blocked channel.

But moving the Dali may take days or even weeks, several sources cautioned. Experts are trying to make sure the Dali doesn’t sink or capsize, potentially adding to the disaster.

The Port of Baltimore is going to be hit hard economically. Sources told us that the payroll for the roughly 8,000 workers at the port is more than $2 million per day. If the port is shuttered for several months, as is likely, that could be upwards of $100 million in economic losses.

So the package that the Biden administration eventually asks Congress for may want to address this. The Maryland legislature is looking into this issue as well.

What you’ll hear a lot of in the coming days is that the closure of the Baltimore port isn’t just a Maryland problem — it’s a national problem. Red states will get hit too. Huge amounts of coal, wood, construction machinery, steel and aluminum flow in and out of the port. Baltimore is critical for car imports, furniture and home appliances too. The longer the port is offline, the bigger the problem will be.

The full Maryland delegation — including Rep. Andy Harris (R-Md.) — vowed to work together to seek federal funding to deal with the disaster:

“While there is much the Administration can do within existing programs, we are at the ready to work together to provide funding through Congress when necessary. We will also work to hold any foreign companies and other third parties liable, if they were negligent.

“For this, we are grateful to all of our colleagues on both sides of the aisle who understand the importance of the Port of Baltimore to both our local and national economy and have expressed strong support for the rebuilding effort.”

Also, remember that President Joe Biden submitted a domestic supplemental spending request in October and Congress never acted on it. Whatever the Biden administration submits to Congress this time around may include some of these priorities.

This could include the Affordable Connectivity Program. The ACP, which provides discounted wireless internet for low-income families and households, is winding down as funding runs out. There’s a hunger on Capitol Hill to renew the program, but there hasn’t been a vehicle on which it could ride. The House Problem Solvers Caucus backed a bill which extended the ACP in a statement Thursday. So this has some legs.

In short, this is going to become a must-pass bill and everyone’s going to want to get their pet projects in it. You may see Republicans demanding something on energy or border security in this package.

— Jake Sherman and John Bresnahan

As of right now, this is the extent of the information we have.

Best,

Shaun Kim

Constituent Advocate / Operations Assistant

Office of Congresswoman Jill Tokuda

in the spirit of fairness i put in an inquiry in to one of our state’s DC delegates Rep. Jill Tokuda to let her know at least one of her constituents was thinking about the big picture impacts to hawaii’s supply chain, and got an official US government response yesterday:

Thank you for the call regarding the Baltimore Bridge that collapsed and if it will have negative effects to our supply chain in Hawaii. As of right now, we do not have much information but please see below an article from Punchbowl News.

Happy Friday morning.

Washington is in the very early stages
of its response to the Francis Scott Key Bridge disaster in Baltimore. There are a lot of conversations going on — between the Biden administration and Capitol Hill, between Capitol Hill and Annapolis and between the Biden administration and state and local officials in Maryland.

Absolutely nothing has been decided upon thus far. This is a point we cannot underline enough. Not even all the victims of the disaster have been recovered at this point.

But we’ve spoken with the players involved in this effort. And the broad outlines of what will need to be done are becoming clear.

Let’s start here: The effort to rebuild the bridge will be very pricey — several billion dollars, according to estimates we’ve heard from Annapolis, the Hill and the White House. Several sources estimated that the administration is going to ask Congress for more than $1 billion to respond to the crisis. Again, this assessment is still in the earliest stages and nothing has been decided upon yet.

The Department of Transportation made $60 million from the Federal Highway Administration’s “‘quick release’ Emergency Relief (ER) funds” available to Maryland officials on Thursday.

But Baltimore has a lot of needs right now, as we pointed out in the Midday edition Thursday. The Dali is still in the Patapsco River, clogging up the shipping channel for the Port of Baltimore. Once the Dali — nearly 1,000 feet long and weighing more than 150,000 tons when fully loaded — is gone from the site, salvage workers can begin removing bridge debris from the blocked channel.

But moving the Dali may take days or even weeks, several sources cautioned. Experts are trying to make sure the Dali doesn’t sink or capsize, potentially adding to the disaster.

The Port of Baltimore is going to be hit hard economically. Sources told us that the payroll for the roughly 8,000 workers at the port is more than $2 million per day. If the port is shuttered for several months, as is likely, that could be upwards of $100 million in economic losses.

So the package that the Biden administration eventually asks Congress for may want to address this. The Maryland legislature is looking into this issue as well.

What you’ll hear a lot of in the coming days is that the closure of the Baltimore port isn’t just a Maryland problem — it’s a national problem. Red states will get hit too. Huge amounts of coal, wood, construction machinery, steel and aluminum flow in and out of the port. Baltimore is critical for car imports, furniture and home appliances too. The longer the port is offline, the bigger the problem will be.

The full Maryland delegation — including Rep. Andy Harris (R-Md.) — vowed to work together to seek federal funding to deal with the disaster:

“While there is much the Administration can do within existing programs, we are at the ready to work together to provide funding through Congress when necessary. We will also work to hold any foreign companies and other third parties liable, if they were negligent.

“For this, we are grateful to all of our colleagues on both sides of the aisle who understand the importance of the Port of Baltimore to both our local and national economy and have expressed strong support for the rebuilding effort.”

Also, remember that President Joe Biden submitted a domestic supplemental spending request in October and Congress never acted on it. Whatever the Biden administration submits to Congress this time around may include some of these priorities.

This could include the Affordable Connectivity Program. The ACP, which provides discounted wireless internet for low-income families and households, is winding down as funding runs out. There’s a hunger on Capitol Hill to renew the program, but there hasn’t been a vehicle on which it could ride. The House Problem Solvers Caucus backed a bill which extended the ACP in a statement Thursday. So this has some legs.

In short, this is going to become a must-pass bill and everyone’s going to want to get their pet projects in it. You may see Republicans demanding something on energy or border security in this package.

— Jake Sherman and John Bresnahan

As of right now, this is the extent of the information we have.

Best,

Shaun Kim

Constituent Advocate / Operations Assistant

Office of Congresswoman Jill Tokuda
Biden's already out there saying the American taxpayer is going to foot the bill...............Doesn't the shipping company have INSURANCE to PAY for and ACCIDENT since this was 100% the fault of the ship and shipping company.

You don't automatically jump to some wacko conspiracy theory without extraordinary evidence. A conspiracy theory should not be the default position.
I said they had not even begun their INVESTIGATION yet they somehow had already reached a conclusion. Wanting an investigation to play out in full going where the facts may lead is not a conspiracy theory.

Back