Bands you missed completely but would have been into when they came out?

  • Thread starter Thread starter DanTravis62
  • Start date Start date
DanTravis62

DanTravis62

Moderator
Moderator
So, I was today years old when I realized that the drummer from Cheap Trick had a band called Tinted Windows with the MmmBop singer, the asian guy from Smashing Pumpkins, and the Stacy's mom bass player - this was years and years ago

I thought this was AI or something when I saw the video but

And I was absolutely gobsmacked at how good it was



I totally would have been into this when it came out, and I quite simply didn't know it existed

Anyone who enjoys power pop like Cheap Trick, the Cars, Ash, etc, definitely give this a listen

This 100% isn't RT music of course, but have you guys completely missed big bands that were right up your alley before?
 
Nice. This is how to do pop that doesn’t suck.

A few bands I got into past their expiration dates were UFO, Husker Du, The Smiths.
 
Nice. This is how to do pop that doesn’t suck.

A few bands I got into past their expiration dates were UFO, Husker Du, The Smiths.

The smiths and the stone roses are both great but I was barely alive when it was happening

And yes, I agree, tinted windows is how to do pop that doesn't suck - I'm just shocked that I didn't hear about this when it came out
 
These are definitely not RT approved, but I LOVE this band.

I think they came out in1990.and at that time I was playing country/rock for the dinero.

They sound like cross between the Beatles, Beach Bot, and Queen.

I didn’t discover them until about 2015, but I would have been into them big time when they came out.

 
Back
Top