Bare Knuckle Pickups Emerald

Szar

Does anyone have any experience with this pickup? How would you rate the output on it compared to.....a Duncan Alnico 2 Pro, for shits and giggles. Also, how does it handle high-gain? Not like Death Metal, but like 80's metal at the most.

No experience with the Emerald, but I LOVE the VHII! I have it in both my strats and it sounds killer for everything i throw at it, Tim makes a great product.

Mudder":ceignw9u said:
I bet there are sound clips up at the BK forums.

There are many... but where I think soundclips for amps and guitars are great, for pickups I think it's a much different animal. For me, a good pickup is more about feel and all the harmonic, magical things you can't hear in a recording. That and it can be tough to find someone who put the pickups in a similar guitar as yours, playing through a similar amp, etc.

That said, I'm sure they're awesome pickups. I'm actually thinking of picking up a set of Black Dogs for my ASAT Deluxe. Kinda have that vintage itch, you know?

Ok, Scratch the Emeralds, I'm looking for a hand-wound JB type pickup, maybe a little hotter. Which BKP would suit that?

my 2 cents is to stick with Anderson, Suhr, or even Duncan.

the Anderson H2+ is priced way fairly and will kick the living shit out of allmost any other pickup.

the Suhr Aldrich is hot fucking shit, and for my ears is a way way better JB.

for a way cool and pretty damned hot A2, the Seymour Duncan Warren Demartini is God damned good.

Szar":2lms92pr said:
Ok, Scratch the Emeralds, I'm looking for a hand-wound JB type pickup, maybe a little hotter. Which BKP would suit that?

That would be the Holy diver model. And it just so happens I have one for sale. PM me if you want it, its F spaced and zebra

I also have a SUhr Doug aldrich in the same config for sale

Back