Bare Knuckle Pickups: I'm a believer. Clip inside.

Khoi

my first set of Bare Knuckle pickups ever, a set of Cold Sweats (actually ordered just the bridge, but I ended up getting a set for the price of one!) that I dropped in my BFR JP6. Haven't installed the neck pickup yet actually.

at first I wasn't sure how I felt about them, but once I started getting used to the ridiculous amount of tightness and clarity they provide, I was sold.

this was recorded in a Drop C variation (actually lower than normal Drop C: CGCEGD) , using a standard set of 10-46s :eek:

the amount of clarity and tightness it still maintains is ridiculous

played using Guitar Rig 4

I suppose the versatility and based on clips I've heard

I like to play a lot of leads with the bridge pickup, and it's got a smoother top end over say the Aftermath

I do have 2 guitars on the way, one with a set of Nailbombs and a 7-string with a set of Cold Sweats, but I think I'll be changing it to Aftermaths :thumbsup:

I didn't recognize your name, but I got hyped when I saw your avatar (recognized it from the last clip) and I knew you were gonna slay that......killer job, dude.

I got a custom incoming with BKPs and I can't wait, especially after hearing this.

sounded fantastic

did you figure the tune out by ear?

if so, great job.

I have a cold sweat that i bought and have not gotten around to putting in a guitar.

I think this will be the motivation that I need.

Man drop c with 10's.

talk about flop city,

it was a wonder that your could actually play in tune.

Steinmetzify":15hfej7m said:
I didn't recognize your name, but I got hyped when I saw your avatar (recognized it from the last clip) and I knew you were gonna slay that......killer job, dude.

haha thanks man, the BKPs are certainly pretty awesome!

fuzzyguitars":15hfej7m said:
I have a cold sweat that i bought and have not gotten around to putting in a guitar.

I think this will be the motivation that I need.

Man drop c with 10's.

talk about flop city,

it was a wonder that your could actually play in tune.

I normally don't play drop tunings with this gauge, but it's my only guitar at the moment, so I have to make due without changing my strings just to play one song :LOL: :LOL:

I think the low gauge is a testament to how clear and articulate the BKPs can be, even with some floppy strings. They are surprisingly low output and pretty low gain compared to the previous pickups I had in the guitar, so the tightness is even more apparent. At first I thought I messed up wiring the pickups up because it seemed like there was significantly less gain than I was used to, but once I played it more, it really opened up my ears. The clarity is unrivaled with this guitar.. I love it

Choice clippage Khoi. Very very nice!! I missed this post when you put it out there, and am glad I saw it. Great playing. I always thought the CS to be a touch to heavy on the highend, maybe I'm wrong.

Dam, you just knocked the wind out of me :LOL: :LOL: :rock: :rock:
That was badass, you made it look so easy :thumbsup:
Great job

thanks dudes!

that's why I was so blown away by these, love em!

now I'm hooked, and they definitely aren't cheap :scared:

I say do it.

The JP6 is the best guitar I've owned, and sort of took the plunge and got it on a whim, but I have no regrets.

Back