Bare with me....is this W/D/W?

BIGKAHUNA

I have my XTC running through a 4x12 with 2ea 2x12 cabs on either side of it that are being fed from my Quad Cortex./Fryette LXII with delay. Would that be considered wet/dry/wet?

Yes. ideally if your XTC is dry (no fx) through the 4x12 and your 2x12’s are wet (100% fx). Some people run some dry in their wet cabs as well but the consensus seems to be that the wet cabs sounds best running 100% wet.

Yes. ideally if your XTC is dry (no fx) through the 4x12 and your 2x12’s are wet (100% fx). Some people run some dry in their wet cabs as well but the consensus seems to be that the wet cabs sounds best running 100% wet.

Thanks....I just know it sounds epic....seems like a lot of vids I watch on it make it seem like a pretty complicated set up. Mine is rather simple.

Reactions: rsm
it can be as simple or complicated as you want to make it but yes, it sounds huge no matter what. Enjoy!

Reactions: rsm
W/D/W as it eventually became, that is with zero dry in the wet cabs, is often fairly simple. It doesn´t lend itself very well to the cascading series-parallel FX units of the big stereo rigs, since the routing becomes a big headache without the dry signal coming out at the end and you end up feeding FX only with FX. All the huge pro W/D/W rigs from the very late 80s and 90s had dry in the wet cabs; EVH, Lukather, Landau and so on. They just stuck a dry cab to their existing stereo rigs and called it a day. This would be refined later when the demand for that FX-heavy sound lessened.

Bare with me....is this W/D/W?​

Ok, I'm bare and if you're built anything like me, yes that is my Wang Dong Willy that I'm looking at right now.

Back