Basic CAB M Pedalboard Question

shawnfitz1222

Hi Folks,

New here and this is my first post. The CAB M is backordered and I plan on buying one to use on the end of my pealboard - XLR to FOH and IEM's. Back in the day, I used to run the time based delays in my effect loop, but recently neither of my amps (Vox or Orange) have an effect loops, so I ran everything straight to my amp.

What I am asking is can I run the CAB M like I have been running my amp set up? I will run sequentially thru all my pedals to my CAB M. I like the idea of using the XLR out - makes for a quicker set up. Is this being done successfully or do I really need to run time based effects after CAB M?

I always assumed it was my choice.

Cheers! Thanks in advance.

I just run everything before the Cab M, as you are thinking, including Chorus and Delay. Seems to work absolutely fine, just like it would with your amp. I do that partly so I can use the XLR cable out of the Cab M and into my amplified speaker, PA, and sound card.

I just run everything before the Cab M, as you are thinking, including Chorus and Delay. Seems to work absolutely fine, just like it would with your amp. I do that partly so I can use the XLR cable out of the Cab M and into my amplified speaker, PA, and sound card.
Perfect! Thank you for the reply and info. I am currently using an Ampli-firebox, but it's a tad noisy. The results are okay. Hoping the CAB M will be a better fit for me.

Back