BBE and diezel?

I bought a sonic stomp right before i bought my herbert and when i used it all it really did was make the bass come out more it did nothing to my sound. I feel that the diezel are so well made that you dont need the sonic stomp. Sonic stomps are better for more low grade amps in my opinion.

p.s. I sold my sonic stomp to my bass player a day after i bought the herbert i tried it on it

sden":5wz69y3x said:
Is anyone using a BBE Sonic Maximizer along with a Diezel? More specific with Einstein? Any opinions?

I owned a 422A when I bought my VH4 few years back. After two weeks I found myself never using the BBE and thus gave it to my bass player friend. It did not add anything desirable to the tone. It might have been different story if I would play industrial metal etc.

However, my bands another guitar player uses a Sonic Maximizer with his ENGL Invader for the "heavy as a really heavy thing" -parts. The sound truly is larger than a train wreck, but at the same time very unclear. I would say that the Sonic Maximizer might be a good for temporary effect, but not for a general use with Diezel.

Well, I don't know what sound you are after so who am I to advice you. For me it did not do the thing, but for some it does. ;)

I use a Sonic Stomp in the master loop of my VH4, and it rocks. I have a hard time using any high gain amp without one now! I set the process and lo contour both to 3 o'clock, and then adjust the mix knob on the front to suit my tastes (usually around 1 to 3'oclock). Pushing the two knobs past 3 o clock makes it sound a bit too processed I find. Cheers!

Back