BE 100 C45 switch

mulletmule

So I’ve had my BE since 2018. Phenomenal head and my go to live head and studio especially for leads. However I recently started using the C45 mod that’s on the back. i Am absolutely loving it. Does anyone else keep it on all the time?

I don't like it on my Friedmans, but I do like it on my Friedman-modded Marshall. The amp is a '90 1987 50w "4 hole" "Plexi" model that had the kitchen sink mod done. Sounds amazing. I like the C45 on that one to make it sound a little more JCM800-ish.

On my 2014 BE I didn't like it all that much, it was ok but too pokey and biting. On my BE100 Deluxe, I like it a lot more, nice and balanced. Looking at the schematics I see Dave updated the C45 on the Deluxe. Lot of people say its more vintage sounding with it on at lower gain settings and I suppose it is but it basically changes the mixer set from Super Lead (off) to JMP/JCM ( C45 on). The name Custom 45 is kinda confusing. Maybe this was a custom mod Dave did on a JTM45?

On my 2014 BE I didn't like it all that much, it was ok but too pokey and biting. On my BE100 Deluxe, I like it a lot more, nice and balanced. Looking at the schematics I see Dave updated the C45 on the Deluxe. Lot of people say its more vintage sounding with it on at lower gain settings and I suppose it is but it basically changes the mixer set from Super Lead (off) to JMP/JCM ( C45 on). The name Custom 45 is kinda confusing. Maybe this was a custom mod Dave did on a JTM45?
A Super Lead can be a JMP, so you confused me as well..

Late 70s JMP 2203 is what I’m referring to which is why I mentioned it in the same breath with a JCM.
Why not just say 2203? Because a JCM could also be a 2205. People always make these mistakes. JMP and JCM don't stand for a model but for the eras (seventies and eighties). You could have the models 1959 and 2203 in both eras.

I don't like it on my Friedmans, but I do like it on my Friedman-modded Marshall. The amp is a '90 1987 50w "4 hole" "Plexi" model that had the kitchen sink mod done. Sounds amazing. I like the C45 on that one to make it sound a little more JCM800-ish.
What's involved with the kitchen sink mod?

I'm literally about to send my 100w RI to Dave for just general "plexi" tweaks and a MV, but am now curious...

I like it a lot for leads, but as was said it does get a bit more compressed so I rarely run it for rhythm work on my BE/DLX and Metro kitchen sink Superlead. I will say it does act pretty differently between the two so I suspect Dave did something different on the newer DLX version of that mod

Back