BE 100 Clean Channel Issue

VegasMD

I need a little help. I have a BE 100 that Dave modded to have the SS 100 clean channel. Today, the clean channel all of a sudden sounded dull and muffled. Even with the bright switch all the way up, it wasn't bright and sparkly like it usually is. I also noticed that when I turn the treble knob all the way up, the volume of the channel drops dramatically, almost to completely silent. The same doesn't happen with the bass knob. Any ideas as to what the problem might be? Thanks in advance.

VegasMD":1vffmuvs said:
I need a little help. I have a BE 100 that Dave modded to have the SS 100 clean channel. Today, the clean channel all of a sudden sounded dull and muffled. Even with the bright switch all the way up, it wasn't bright and sparkly like it usually is. I also noticed that when I turn the treble knob all the way up, the volume of the channel drops dramatically, almost to completely silent. The same doesn't happen with the bass knob. Any ideas as to what the problem might be? Thanks in advance.
The best thing you can do is email Dave

LP Freak":ld5ghqmr said:
VegasMD":ld5ghqmr said:
Thanks. I emailed Dave. He responded within a short period of time and suggested I try replacing v1. Worked like a charm. Never thought a bad preamp tube would have that result, but sure enough. Dave always provides the best and most responsive customer service. Just another reason to love Friedman amps.

VegasMD":atp4izxw said:
LP Freak":atp4izxw said:
VegasMD":atp4izxw said:
Thanks. I emailed Dave. He responded within a short period of time and suggested I try replacing v1. Worked like a charm. Never thought a bad preamp tube would have that result, but sure enough. Dave always provides the best and most responsive customer service. Just another reason to love Friedman amps.
It’s always best to go to the source, especially when it’s redily available.

Back