BE 100 Help Needed

VegasMD

I was playing my BE 100 today, and when I was adjusting the EQ while on the BE channel, the amp went almost dead silent. The clean channel still sounds normal, but the BE and HBE are incredibly quiet even with the master all the way up. I don't think its the power tubes because the clean channel works fine, and I also plugged directly into the loop return with the loop on, and the amp gets loud. Could this be a preamp tube issue? Any help or suggestions are appreciated.

Yes Try changing the 2nd tube. It might be dead. Or possibly the 3rd tube. If the clean works it's not the first tube. Most of the time JJ preamp tubes do this,so my bet is on the 2nd tube.

RACKSYSTEMS":2v71z7hu said:
Yes Try changing the 2nd tube. It might be dead. Or possibly the 3rd tube. If the clean works it's not the first tube. Most of the time JJ preamp tubes do this,so my bet is on the 2nd tube.
Hey Dave any recommendations for a good pre amp tube to replace the JJs? Wasn't sure what you have been using for pre tubes lately, I know you switch to TAD for power.

RACKSYSTEMS":37nqn1ps said:

Thanks for the quick response, Dave. I tried swapping tubes, and even used the 2nd and 3rd tubes in v1 to see if they would kill the clean channel (if they were bad). No matter where I put the tubes, and which tubes I used, the clean challenge still worked fine, but the BE and HBE are still having problems. Any other suggestions, or at this point do I need to have someone look at it?

Back