BE-100 power tube recommendation and replacement

Ozone

I think one of my pre-amp tubes in my be-100 are going out. What are you guys recommendations for replacements?

Also I am unsure which tube is bad and being the amp noob that I am have no idea how to tell. Are there tests that I can do to determine which is bad without electrocuting myself?

Is this something an amateur like me can do myself or should I just take it to someone and let them fix it?

Get with Laura ,Valve Queen tubes, and she what she has to offer/advice.

First off,what makes you think yours are going bad?
Preamp tubes,by general rule,last awhile.
Lack of punch,bass,volume drop are usually signs of power tube issues(no biggy)

Turn off the amp. Pull the first tube closes to input jack (V1) and swap it with the V2 tube.
See if that makes a difference.
Let us know how you make out.

When i was playing last night my clean tone volume would get noticeably lower. Also when I powered it on last night I had some weird clacking noise.
I took the back cover off the amp and powered it up, all of the tubes where glowing but I have no idea.

I'll try your suggestions and get back with you.

Ozone":3kmx4lk1 said:
When i was playing last night my clean tone volume would get noticeably lower. Also when I powered it on last night I had some weird clacking noise.
I took the back cover off the amp and powered it up, all of the tubes where glowing but I have no idea.

I'll try your suggestions and get back with you.
FYI glowing tubes mean nothing as well as non glowing tubes.

Okay took the tubes out and switched them around and that seemed to make it work.
I'll have to run it a while to be sure, I'll let you know!

Back