BE100 & SS100 FX-Loop: Any problems in live-applications?

QOTSA_Lover

Hey Rig-Talk members,

sorry for my poor english. I've got one question:

The BE and SS have this "special" FX-Loop where the master volume is on the back of the amp when FX-Loop engaged. Is this praticable? How do you Friedman-Guys out there handle this on stage?

Is there a little scope to adjust the volume on the fly with the front panel master?

Thanks
Tom

Tom, that's a Level. Most great effects loops have a over all level, or send and return level. Your Master Volume is still your Master Volume on the front for over all power output. When the Loop is engaged, the Level becomes active (signal between preamp and power amp). When no effects are in the loop, it's just levels the signal to power amp section of the amp. Setting it at 50% is a good starting point. But use front Master Volume for over all output. But remember, the amp will get much loader when you flip the loop switch to the off position. So lower your front Master before doing so. Most good quality delays run good with the Level set at 50 to 65 % with Metro Loop. That's a good level balance. Adjust you pedal or rack output from there. I've never had a problem with the BE-100 this way.

Sorry, but now I'm confused... :rock: :scared:

This is direct from the BE Manual:
MASTER CONTROL: This is the BE/HBE VOLUME. The more you turn it up the louder it gets. If the FX loop is engaged this becomes the amp’s SEND level and should set at around 5 for optimum loop performance. With the FX loop engaged the RETURN LEVEL on the rear of the BE100 would now control the amp’s overall volume.

This means (for me) that the front panel master is the "send" control. 5-6 is about unity gain. Higher settings can overload the FX-Unit. The "Return" on the back is now my global Master Volume.

So how can I handle that in a live situation? Sometimes you have to make your amp a tad loader... on the fly. So I need to climb behind the amp?

Or can I adjust the rough overall volume on the back (during the soundcheck) and make some finetuning during the performance on the front panel?

Weird...

Your front Master still stays active. The amp is so loud, even with the Level (or secondary Master) set to 5 (50%) and loop engaged, you'll not likely go past 4 on your front Master Volume. The front Master does push the send level. With the loop engaged and with nothing inserted into it...it acts like a secondary Master. I've never had a Volume issue I couldn't fix with front Master in live situations with the BE-100. Loop ON, or OFF with the Level set on 5 (half). It may sound a bit weird to you, but it works great and its a amazing amp!
QOTSA_Lover":2fqgzgw5 said:
Sorry, but now I'm confused... :rock: :scared:

This is direct from the BE Manual:
MASTER CONTyROL: This is the BE/HBE VOLUME. The more you turn it up the louder it gets. If the FX loop is engaged this becomes the amp’s SEND level and should set at around 5 for optimum loop performance. With the FX loop engaged the RETURN LEVEL on the rear of the BE100 would now control the amp’s overall volume.

This means (for me) that the front panel master is the "send" control. 5-6 is about unity gain. Higher settings can overload the FX-Unit. The "Return" on the back is now my global Master Volume.

So how can I handle that in a live situation? Sometimes you have to make your amp a tad loader... on the fly. So I need to climb behind the amp?

Or can I adjust the rough overall volume on the back (during the soundcheck) and make some finetuning during the performance on the front panel?

Weird...

Back