Best Chorus Pedal?

Looking for suggestions on a single analog chorus pedal. Nothing digital or multifx. Preferably something true bypass or at least doesn't suck your tone having in your signal path. I play a lot of extreme and proggy spacy metal. I use chorus a lot on big complex spacy chords.

My favorite chorus pedal has to be the retro sonic chorus pedal. Basically a CE1 but more efficient.

I also really dig the dr. Scientist cosmichorus. For something a bit more basic and cost effective check out the old grey label arion sch1.

Moshaholic":okimwodt said:
The new Boss CE2 Wazza reissue!
This is why I hate logging into Rig-Talk in the morning. I didn't even know this was coming out...no brainer instant purchase for me just completed, I'm already out $200 this morning and I haven't had my first cup of coffee yet.

Analogman Chorus. I had the mini chorus that was good as well, but now I have the stereo version

I have tried a bunch and am a sound purist. All I keep on my board is some strymons, analogman, empress, lehle. I'm sure there's other good brand out there. But to me even tc electronic and Boss color the sound of my signal.. Often there is a slim difference that most will never hear but when these pedals are in my signal chain I can tell the difference.. Also there are 2 types of Chorus in my opinion. There is the more digital ones like on the strymon mobius or eventide h9 or pedals like analogman that are more analog sounding.

Cheers

AnalogMan Mini Chorus with Depth and Mix control. Anything else and you gobble donkey goobers!

ReloadZZ":8tldbwks said:
Pete Cornish Super Stereo Chorus

almost scared to ask how much that pedal costs. I once heard several
cornish pedals together and was astounded by them. Need to check this one out.

I've played loads of chorus pedals over the years and I must say they're all PRETTY similar in my opinion.

Borrowing a no-name one from a friend at the last minute that I thought would be rubbish, but it's turned out really good!

Back