Best Hair Metal Album Ever

This is shit but it satisfies the hair requirement...

I could do a little Honeymoon Suite right now, throw in some Miami Vice memories.

Ahhhh. Who cares what it’s called…. It was cool as hell and everyone wanted to be in it. “That decade” 78 ish to 91 ish was mine/ours for those who did it. The whole vibe of over processed guitar- spider like solos- hair- skinny legs and whores for days…. Oh. And cocaine and bag phones. Dr Feelgood summed it up in music and video. 100 other songs as well. If I had a band that could play one type of music till I died; HAIR metal would be it! Then…. “Seattle music” came and just like a “fart in the wind” or “disco”… it was gone. I still have clothes from the 80s. I think it looks good. Fubar the naysayers 🤡

Ahhhh. Who cares what it’s called…. It was cool as hell and everyone wanted to be in it. “That decade” 78 ish to 91 ish was mine/ours for those who did it. The whole vibe of over processed guitar- spider like solos- hair- skinny legs and whores for days…. Oh. And cocaine and bag phones. Dr Feelgood summed it up in music and video. 100 other songs as well. If I had a band that could play one type of music till I died; HAIR metal would be it! Then…. “Seattle music” came and just like a “fart in the wind” or “disco”… it was gone. I still have clothes from the 80s. I think it looks good. Fubar the naysayers 🤡
I'm with ya brother (y)

This doctor has the right prescription! 🤘

“Hair metal” was Dio, Schenker, Randy Rhodes, EVH, Crue…don’t listen to the toolboxes that try to diminish shit they have no clue about. Stupid labels invented by stupid people.

Happier times for sure. I skipped the grunge shit and experienced the death metal, grindcore and industrial metal revolution….good times.
Hell yeah man, the metal underground was alive and thriving throughout the 90’s

Vinnie's playing sounds like angry buzz of chinese mandarin hornets. He's the only Kiss member I understand Paul Stanley's complainments of.

Vito might look like he has the downs, but man that guy could lay some tasty solos down(See what I did there? \:D/).
i saw white lion live and indeed vito had chops and tone. i thought my friend’s description was a bit heavy handed. i’d say an italian EVH with a unibrow….after a coupla beers🤣

"Hair Metal" is a derogatory term and was actually coined for greatest hits compilation albums 10 + years after that era had passed for bands that were all image and no substance. Unfortunately a few legit bands got lumped into that but for the most part, if a band was labelled hair metal you can automatically assume they were musically garbage. Furthermore, back in the day when it was actually happening, this so called hair metal was referred to a glam metal. Which is funny because none of it is really "metal" at all. It more closely resembled pop music with the only metal component to it was distorted power chords and shred solos.

Interesting discussion that I don't have a great answer to as I can never figure out these boundaries, though I'd definitely agree the term "hair metal" is way after the fact and I always read is derogatory. At the time, I recall mostly calling it pop metal or glam metal (or just glam as much of it just sounds like an updated-for-the-time glam from the 70s). To me, it mostly kicked off after Quiet Riot were signed as they had their huge debut (anyone else recall when they were the biggest thing around.....for about 2 months, lol) and everyone rushed to sign bands off the strip.
There were some out there, but the silliness with over-the-top looks, hair, etc. seemed to start about that time.

I'd probably go for Whitesnake's big album as a real high point that still could kinda-sorta-mostly talk about having some edge to it, but being pop enough to fit into the category neatly.

It took many years after the 80's, but Steel Panther actually wrote the perfect 80's album with "Feel the Steel"..

Interesting discussion that I don't have a great answer to as I can never figure out these boundaries, though I'd definitely agree the term "hair metal" is way after the fact and I always read is derogatory. At the time, I recall mostly calling it pop metal or glam metal (or just glam as much of it just sounds like an updated-for-the-time glam from the 70s). To me, it mostly kicked off after Quiet Riot were signed as they had their huge debut (anyone else recall when they were the biggest thing around.....for about 2 months, lol) and everyone rushed to sign bands off the strip.
There were some out there, but the silliness with over-the-top looks, hair, etc. seemed to start about that time.

I'd probably go for Whitesnake's big album as a real high point that still could kinda-sorta-mostly talk about having some edge to it, but being pop enough to fit into the category neatly.
Quiet Riot kicked off for me too.

Rainbow in the Dark is my favorite song ever.
Dokken is my favorite band ever.
And Whitesnake's 1987 is my favorite album ever.

Back