Best Modern Tones

Techdeth

RESIDENT ROCK PROFESSOR
Will you all show me the best modern tones from last 5 years . Can be old bands and new bands .Id just like to see what you all think and I’ll have some new shit to jam

I saw them live here last Sept.

e.g., I'm a few feet from the stage:

IMG_0362.JPG

Will you all show me the best modern tones from last 5 years . Can be old bands and new bands .Id just like to see what you all think and I’ll have some new shit to jam
So many choices - the last nightmarer was great, king gizzard, vampire squid, carnosus, distention,

I may have gotten a little carried away with my links below, but I guess a Sunday afternoon of bourbon and guitars and someone asking for new music sent me down the rabbit hole...

There is a lot of cool good newer music out there, but just like 1985, we got to search and dig for it. So much more I'd love to list...

I've always loved the guitars in Falconer, guitars pressed forward in your face and a tone of mids and presence:

Ghost always has some good guitars and melodies:

Volbeat always has great guitar tones:

This is not new, but early Gus G with Dream Evil is awesome:

Borknager Winter Thrice, good melodies and a touch of black metal guitars:

And since I'm limited to 5 links per post:
Frozen Crown has pretty good melodies over some cool riffs and good eye candy to boot:

Powerwolf is pretty good:

Nocturna is pretty modern guitars and some good hooks:

Within Temptation usually does the wall-of-sound type guitars with good melodic vocals:

Back