Black Crowes Live other night

Mikeyboyeee

Good show, def not a full crowd, but fairly well represented. Rich Robinson changed guitars every song and probably had 10-12 guitars with him. Too far back to see much on the amps, but def some type of Oranges on stage. Tone was good, nothing outstanding.

Chris sounded great. band was tight.

Great time listening to great tunes and back out seeing rock shows!

I'm jealous (again)... one of my fave bands and pretty sure they're not heading down under anytime soon.

I use to own an ex-Rich R amp actually, this 65 Amps Royal Albert. A great amp I stupidly sold, for some forgotten reason.

RA1.jpg

Last edited:
I had really good tickets for the Toronto show, but it was first postponed and then cancelled (thanks covid).

If it is eventually re-booked, I doubt I will be lucky enough to get such good seats. I'm bummed. :(

Good show, def not a full crowd, but fairly well represented. Rich Robinson changed guitars every song and probably had 10-12 guitars with him. Too far back to see much on the amps, but def some type of Oranges on stage. Tone was good, nothing outstanding.

Chris sounded great. band was tight.

Great time listening to great tunes and back out seeing rock shows!

Thank you for that :yes:

So myself and some of the Zen team saw the Crowes last night in Sydney and it was just incredible. They had tonnes of energy, and the playing and vibe was fantastic. Isaiah Mitchell (I think?) was on lead guitar duties and he crushed it, great tones too.

I saw them about 12 years back and it was a little stale. Either they have now found their mojo or the warm Sydney sun seriously invigorated them, just a fantastic rock n' roll gig.

So myself and some of the Zen team saw the Crowes last night in Sydney and it was just incredible. They had tonnes of energy, and the playing and vibe was fantastic. Isaiah Mitchell (I think?) was on lead guitar duties and he crushed it, great tones too.

I saw them about 12 years back and it was a little stale. Either they have now found their mojo or the warm Sydney sun seriously invigorated them, just a fantastic rock n' roll gig.
Glad they came out your way and you had a great time!

Saw them in Tahoe about 10 years ago and something was up with them that night. They were noticeably not getting along with eachother on stage. It was obvious that they did not want to be there at that time and perform. They got through the setlist but it was really awkward. Didn't play any of their hit songs the whole night.
We all have off nights and I would definitely give them a second chance but that was just one of the worst shows I have ever attended

Saw them in Tahoe about 10 years ago and something was up with them that night. They were noticeably not getting along with eachother on stage. It was obvious that they did not want to be there at that time and perform. They got through the setlist but it was really awkward. Didn't play any of their hit songs the whole night.
We all have off nights and I would definitely give them a second chance but that was just one of the worst shows I have ever attended
They're notorious for not getting along.

Yep that was my experience, early 2010's I think. Either they're really enjoying the music, the road, or the cash - whatever it is they were cookin'.

Back