Black Ice ASAT Deluxe II

Has anyone played a Black Ice ASAT Deluxe II? If so what are the pro and cons of the guitar. I like how they look but am not sure if I should order one.

Thanks

I have a Black Ice ASAT Deluxe Prototype that was the first Black Ice ASAT that G&L made.
This one here:

2rfpyl4.jpg

It's a little different to the rest of the Black Ice ASAT guitars in that it has black hardware, a different control layout and the Saddle-Lock Bridge.
But if this guitar is anything to go by, the regular Black Ice ASATs should be solid guitars.
It played and sounded great stock, but I modified mine with locking tuners and Motor City Hot Head pickups.
It's now one of my top 3 guitars of all those I own and have owned.
My Legacy USA is my #1, and my G&L Tribute Floyd is up there as well.

ej633t.jpg

They have a few different models of the Black Ice series... One sold in the classifieds a little while back. I've played one before. Very solid workhorse guitars.

theminijimmy":3m71asrz said:
How does the Tele body feel? Is it curved out in the back or does it stick you in the ribs?

Thanks

If comfort is an important factor, I'd skip the ASAT Deluxe Black Ice and go with the Legacy Deluxe Black Ice.
The Legacy version has all the usual strat cutaways to make for a much more comfortable feeling guitar.
As awesome as my Black Ice ASAT sounds, I prefer playing my Legacy Strats for this very reason.

G&L Tribute Legacy 2004 model I received from my brother's estate in 2010 -

Upgrades:

• Replaced the top nut to metal roller bearing type.
• Replaced tuning gears to self locking.
• Replaced pickups to blade type pickups. No hum with on the single coils. The bridge pickup is a humbucker with split coil taps and added an extra switch just for that.
• The shielded pickguard has been upgraded due to the pickup upgrade with Joe Barden blade pickups.

IMG_0641.jpg

IMG_0638.jpg

IMG_0640.jpg

Back