Blacked out my ESP Eclipse I

Terex

After two years of owning my Eclipse I with the original gold hardware I decieded to switch to all black hardware. I always wanted to do this but for some reason it took two years :)
Now I only want to replace the EMG 81/60 with black brushed 57/66 :thumbsup:

Before

IMG_3846_zps41c30cac.jpg

After

FullSizeRender%205_zps2oxfp8aj.jpg

IMG_2519_zpsfotibfee.jpg

Huge improvement. Looks bad-@$$. I've been wanting to do the same thing to an Eclipse.

Did you swap out the bridge stud inserts? And if so, were the old gold ones hard to remove?

Wizard of Ozz":2alec6ux said:
Huge improvement. Looks bad-@$$. I've been wanting to do the same thing to an Eclipse.

Did you swap out the bridge stud inserts? And if so, were the old gold ones hard to remove?

Yep I switched everything. You can't pull them out by hand. I cut a little screw that had a flat head and dropped it in the hole. Then I screwed the bridge stud back in. This way it pushes against the screw I put in there and pushes the bushing/inserts out.

It's a thight fit, but it works great this way without damaging anything :)

Terex":2830zrvi said:
Wizard of Ozz":2830zrvi said:

Yep I switched everything. You can't pull them out by hand. I cut a little screw that had a flat head and dropped it in the hole. Then I screwed the bridge stud back in. This way it pushes against the screw I put in there and pushes the bushing/inserts out.

It's a thight fit, but it works great this way without damaging anything :)

Ahh... pretty ingenious work-around. That was a sticking point for me. I didn't want to start prying them out when there had to be a better way. Thanks.

Pushead":3mnysnom said:
Looks killer. I went the opposite way.

ESP_EclipseI_VB_Full.jpg

That also looks killer. I'm still extremely jealous of your purple Eclipse I. Does yours have black or black chrome hardware?

Black hardware. It's pretty sick, but it's so dark purple that most people think it's black.

I also had a gloss black FT Eclipse 1 that I blacked out. I wish I hadn't sold that guitar, but it went to a good home.

Rezamatix":3c6t0fy6 said:
I really like this TOO!

Thanks. But mostly it was because I was too cheap to replace the EMGs with gold plated EMGs. :LOL: :LOL:

And I got that idea from another Eclipse that I bought from R/T in cherry burst with chrome rings.

Love the black out look OP. Looks great!!

I decided to keep the gold on my gloss CTM Eclipse at the moment. Just added the Het EMG's for now. Maybe change it up later but love it as is for now.

001.jpg

Back