Blackface Princeton Reverb Head Kit

hoss33

Hi guys,

over the weekend I built a Princeton Reverb kit from TAD in Germany.
It was my 5th amplifier and it worked perfectly at the first power up.

An awesome kit with high quality parts.

Fender Blackface Princeton Reverb Head

11_wired.jpg

14_done.jpg

Id luv to try building an amp. I do a lot of soldering and have some experience reading values and understanding of circuits. Just shy about an amp build :scared:

Congrats looks top notch :thumbsup:

Thanks guys, about the "RAWK"-Switch on the back:

This is the only change I made to the circuit, it's a bypass switch for both the EQ and the Negative Feed Back.

Gives the amp more balls and a darker and earlier breakup. It's a great little mod for small amps, I also did it on my "hoss*champ."

hey man, letme ask you, do you think if I buy a headshell I can convert mine into a head easily? (I don't know much about amp building/mod)

Joeytpg":f3o5aydo said:
hey man, letme ask you, do you think if I buy a headshell I can convert mine into a head easily? (I don't know much about amp building/mod)
It should be easy, you won't have to solder anything. Just make sure the headshell is big enough for the amp plus reverb tank.

hoss33":keuc3dvj said:
Joeytpg":keuc3dvj said:
It should be easy, you won't have to solder anything. Just make sure the headshell is big enough for the amp plus reverb tank.

do you know where I can order such headshell in austria/europe?

cheers!

Joeytpg":3p1l52lb said:
hoss33":3p1l52lb said:
Joeytpg":3p1l52lb said:

do you know where I can order such headshell in austria/europe?

cheers!
Hi, sure. TAD have them

http://www.tubeampdoctor.com/de/shop_AM ... ace_Style/

Great looking amp. I wish I had time and money to build amp kits, looks like fun as I like soldering.

Back