Blackmachine B6 [NGD]

4G's. At the time I was the guy who offered the most to him and then he found a buyer for 5200 or something like that. Definitely over 5K for sure. Last time I looked, which was years ago, these things go for 7K+ average. Crazy...
Man, some stuff is still fetching high prices. But I think this run is about over. Stuff is just NOT selling.

Not hating on OPs NGD at all, guitar is way sick.

4G's. At the time I was the guy who offered the most to him and then he found a buyer for 5200 or something like that. Definitely over 5K for sure. Last time I looked, which was years ago, these things go for 7K+ average. Crazy...
That was a nice price! Yeah, B2s sold for crazy prices, especially those figured top ones.

Thanks for curing my curiousity!

Yeah, I paid $4K for the B2 with a ebony top that I had. I think it was loaded with BKP Nailbombs? I assumed my distaste for the sound of the guitar was the pickups, but I have the same pickups in my Bernie Rico Jr and I LOVE that guitar. Very strange.

Now those guitars sell for like $15k+. Absolutely insane. Wish I had a time machine with some of the guitars I've had over the years. I'd be able to cash out big on quite a few of them 😭 :LOL:

Man this is awesome. I feel stupid for not jumping on one of these back in the day when Doug was working on these!
The issue was even trying to get a slot to have one built since he was so backed up.

I'm fairly sure he stopped taking orders constantly due to the demand so it probably would've been just as hard to snag one.

My two cents. I've owned two B6's.

I have one that was made in 2008 (silver badge) that I've had for almost 10 years now. I found it for sale locally not long after I first found out about the instruments. When I played it I knew immediately I had to have it and I've had it ever since.

I had the opportunity to trade into a much newer black badge version about 6 years ago. Since they come up for sale fairly rarely, I thought it would be cool to own both and see if there were differences. I figured I would just keep the one I liked better and sell off the other. I ended up keeping it much longer then expected as it was also a very good instrument, but there definitely were differences. You could easily tell the two guitars apart, hands down. I ended up finally selling it this year because I wanted the money for other things and I didn't need both.

Over the last 10 years I've sought out as much information as possible about these rare and hotly debated instruments. It hasn't been easy but it was fun although maddening at times. There is so much misinformation out there and the internet is full of opinionated people who don't know what they are talking about... luckily there are some who do as well.

Either way I've collected a lot of information over the years that I'm happy to share with anyone who's interested in these rare birds and the truth as I know it. They are not for everybody no doubt, but they are very cool and the story and lore that surrounds them is interesting to me and some others. I will say I'm not interested in the hate that is sometimes displayed for the guitars and the builder... we're just talking guitars here after all and it should stay fun but also truthful.

I respect the opinions of those who said they did not like the sound of the guitars...I have not found this to be the case. If they didn't sound good I wouldn't have paid for them. The sound of a guitar is subjective to say the least and I don't think there is a guitar brand out there that doesn't have polar opinions on the sound it has. There are others that say the build quality has been bad...I have not found this to be the case either, but again, you are welcome to your opinions via your experiences, and I welcome the discussion and info. As I said, they are not for everybody and what makes one player happy will not please another. That's why there's chocolate AND vanilla.

In short, I'm happy to discuss with those who may be interested. I don't know everything, but I know a lot and I got it from very reputable sources.

This is my first post here btw as I just found out about the forum from a player buddy who's on here somewhere. Happy to be here!

Me and my B6...

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1670852774383.jpg
    FB_IMG_1670852774383.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 43
Yeah, I paid $4K for the B2 with a ebony top that I had. I think it was loaded with BKP Nailbombs? I assumed my distaste for the sound of the guitar was the pickups, but I have the same pickups in my Bernie Rico Jr and I LOVE that guitar. Very strange.

I wonder if that one was the one I originally owned? I had an ash back/ebony top B2 with ebony knobs and tuning machine knobs and nailbombs and it was the most disappointing guitar I ever bought from such a supposedly great builder. But also everyone saying how incredible Blackmachines were at the time had likely never been within 100 miles of one. It wasn't even supposed to be ash. I ordered mahogany/ebony and Doug just built what he wanted and told me I would like it more. If I wanted the specs I ordered he said I'd have to wait 2 more years. Just a crappy experience overall and the guitar was just meh. An RGA121 would have been much better.

I suspect the ones built by Feline are much better built guitars.

I wonder if that one was the one I originally owned? I had an ash back/ebony top B2 with ebony knobs and tuning machine knobs and nailbombs and it was the most disappointing guitar I ever bought from such a supposedly great builder. But also everyone saying how incredible Blackmachines were at the time had likely never been within 100 miles of one. It wasn't even supposed to be ash. I ordered mahogany/ebony and Doug just built what he wanted and told me I would like it more. If I wanted the specs I ordered he said I'd have to wait 2 more years. Just a crappy experience overall and the guitar was just meh. An RGA121 would have been much better.

I suspect the ones built by Feline are much better built guitars.
Could've been. That sounds like the one I had. Unfortunately, I can only find two (really shitty) pics of it. Glad I wasn't the only one disappointed in it and that's... A very strange customer experience. Quite pretentious of Doug - did he offer you any sort of discount for messing up or was it completely intentional??

Back