BLIND TEST: Peavey 6505 vs Axe Fx III vs Helix (update: reveal posted!)

• Thread starter Deleted member 27494
  • Start date
Great video Jon, I really enjoy these. It's always fun seeing people's strong and certain opinions get washed out.

Thank you! Yes, it's always quite interesting. Some people in some places can get quite agitated about these tests which is entertaining but I'm going to keep doing these because I just really enjoy making them and reading all the comments etc.

Was harder for me to split between axefx and real amp but it sounded pretty clear to my ears that A definitely wasn't real.

I'll collect my showbag at the door on the way out 😎

Nice test!

my usual complaint with Jon's tests are still at play. the IRs in use are such a dominant force in whats coming out of my speakers that i have a tough time deciphering an Orange from a Marshall in his shoot outs.... no hate, would just be nice to every once in a while for him to mix in some "in the room" mic'd recordings
I’ve noticed this as well . And I’ve noticed this about any amp channel that’s uses the same IR . Every channel I watch these days is having this problem I believe . IR too dominant

That's simply not true although some people still seem to think that. Check out this IR vs real cab test and let me know which one you think is the real one and which the IR: https://www.thegearpage.net/board/i...ix-update-reveal-posted.2290126/post-33286457
The signal chain they use does the same thing . If you switch a head out but use the same mic and mic pres and post eq from their recording device does this . Even if there’s no IR . How do you explain standing in front of amp heads that sound drastically different in person but sound way to close on YouTube channels ? I enjoy your content and I’m a subscriber but I simply just was agreeing with tonedover . But honestly it’s the signal chain he guy uses . It colors amps to sound too close . But like I said I still enjoy the videos a lot

I thought I would inform all you guys that said C was the real tube amp of the wonderful news after Guitarjons reveal.....

You all better get down to the local pawnshop because you all have.....................................................................

GOLDEN EARS:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:2thumbsup::2thumbsup::2thumbsup::2thumbsup::2thumbsup::2thumbsup::2thumbsup::2thumbsup::2thumbsup::2thumbsup::2thumbsup::2thumbsup::2thumbsup:
:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

Back