Blocked off the trem on my Suhr Modern

geetarmikey

It was floating but never added much benefit in the up-pull and I must say the playability and sustain has increased a bit, or at least it FEELS like it has!

I blocked it by just screwing the trem to the body tighter, so can still divebomb.

Has anyone else had similar results on their Suhr or other guitars?

I've blocked a few Floyds to dive only and do like the results. For some reason with Strats, I really like the trems to float. Just seems to add resonance and Straty-ness. But I do like dive only Superstrats. With the gain cranked up and shredding, the blocked trem seems more direct and immediate.

I think he means he decked the trem baseplate against the body. And yeah, you'd have to raise the saddles up to get back to the same action (or shim the neck pocket).

Yeah that's not the way you block a trem. I would suggest watching some videos on how to setup a floating bridge.

It didn't have much upwards travel to begin with, so it was more of a hindrance for double bends or if a string broke etc. It was just the regular Suhr trem.

The action and setup seem just fine, I didn't have to mess with that at all and it feels as good as ever to play tbh.

Back