Bogner 4x12 cab question

Dabzilla13

Hello y'all
Looking to buy a Bogner 4x12 straight cab. Never played out of one but the video reviews all sound incredible. No way to try them out in person as none of my local music stores carry them. Which one is best for metal & hard rock? Helios, Uberkab, or the 4 V30 ST cab?

Thanks in advance for taking the time to post your opinions

I've only tried the uberkab and yes it is great.

Mine arrived split at the top joint (damaged in shipping) and still sounded great. Idk much about cab construction but it does seem that the joints bogner uses are much weaker than some other types? I guess if I had one complaint it would be that.

Im in the process of returning it and will get another but now I'm curious about the Helios.

I could be wrong but I think the ST and Uber are the same cab with different speakers? Is that true? Can the same be said about the Helios as well?

With all of that said I personally am a firm believer it all comes down to the application and other tools. I have had an Uberkab side by side with a beat up Peavey made with MDF and the Peavey sounded better to me so🤷‍♂️ really just depends.

for what its worth, the heads i currently own are a 78 Marshall JMP, Soldano SLO-100 (new version), Friedman SS-100V2, Diezel Herbert mkii.....Thanks everybody! this group is gold

for what its worth, the heads i currently own are a 78 Marshall JMP, Soldano SLO-100 (new version), Friedman SS-100V2, Diezel Herbert mkii.....Thanks everybody! this group is gold
Nice amps!!! I bet the SLO would do well with the helios or Uberkab. I've only played an SLO twice but to me the cab made a huge difference with that amp.

I have an UberKab with V30/75 in an X. It is a great sounding cab, has balls. It sounds great with my SLO and Diezel Hagen and JCM800. Honestly I don’t play it much any more, 99% of the time I use the Suhr Reactive Load instead. But love it so much I can never bring myself to let it go. It’s a great cab.

Bogner cabs are built to such high standards. Look inside one and it’s finished as well as the outside. Treaded screws to hold the speakers, very thick gauge wiring, wood is even painted, metal handles.

As people are saying, every Bogner cabs are great. But the Uberkab is something special. Front or rear loaded doesn’t matter.

I guess I’ll add my opinion since it’s to the contrary of the consensus in here. I had an Uberkab, it was dark and with the resonance knob turned all the way down it was still too resonant and kinda boomy. It is not a tight cab. Not great for the low tuned fast tech stuff I play. It sounded awesome on slow heavy riffs. The V30’s are a good fit ‘cause I can tell ya after trying other speakers in it, the cab emphasizes low mids. It recorded surprisingly well considering I didn’t love it in the room. I would get the all V30 cab over the V30/T75, but T75’s are pretty meh IMO so ymmv.

On my way home with an ubercab now

IMG_3245.jpeg

Nice! …..I like my Bogner cabs a lot, they might be my favorite cabs that I’ve had. For the record I have had too many 4x12s , I don’t remember all of them but Diezel, ENGL, Mesa, Fryette, Mills, Port City, Splawn, Framus are some. At the moment I have two straight front, rear loaded Bogners with all V30s. One at home and one at my practice space. I custom ordered one through sweetwater and the other I got empty. Both are loaded now with 8ohm V30s , I think that also makes a difference. I actually also had one with 16ohm V30s and it was just ok.

Had a Bogner 412SL back in the mid 2000’s and currently have a Uberkab.
Love both em.
SL was rear loaded with while the uberkab is FL.
Some prefer RL cabs but FL uberkab just sounds killer. I use a Fryette power load IR for the majority of recordings but can’t see myself parting with the uberkab.

Had a Bogner 412SL back in the mid 2000’s and currently have a Uberkab.
Love both em.
SL was rear loaded with while the uberkab is FL.
Some prefer RL cabs but FL uberkab just sounds killer. I use a Fryette power load IR for the majority of recordings but can’t see myself parting with the uberkab.
FL Ubers are totally stuffed with polyfil aren't they?

I bought my Bogner 412 standard 20 yrs ago. It’s a great cab. It’s very tight and true. Gives you back exactly what you put in and doesn’t hide anything. Marshall cabs seem more loose, resonant, and forgiving. I did switch two of the Vin 30’s for Greenbacks to soften it up a bit.

Back