Bogner Ecstasy Classic

...one of the best high gain amps available - beautiful cleans, unreal blue channel and blistering leads!

I owned one over a year ago and it was a cool amp, sounds a little bit different than the 101b. I'm sure you will like it.

Other than my EL34 20th Anniv the XTC Classic was my favorite in the line. Great open sounding Bogner goodness and while I am no fan of FX loops Reinhold puts a very good one in his amps.

rareguitar":3i2xflfy said:
Other than my E34 20th Anniv the XTC Classic was my favorite in the line. Great open sounding Bogner goodness and while I am no fan of FX loops Reinhold puts a very good one in his amps.

IMO Loops are Reinhold's weakness. They are not the greatest; especially in the XTC, Shiva's.

In any case, I just sold my XTC Classic today. Great amp, but needs a lot of volume to get the goods.

northern1":25zi2ev5 said:
I am really stoked about getting an XTC Classic with the A/AB option Classic owners experiences or any experiences to be shared would be appreciated, clips are welcome also thanks.

Terrific amp. Loved my Classic as much as my current 20th.
Didn't sound as well at low volume level as my 20th though, but the Faustine Phantomis a great solution.

Thanks for the info everyone! So far the amp has made me very happy, I like it more than the 101B which is still a great amp, but the Classic fits me better for alot of reasons now, so amp shopping has stopped LOL!

jazzgear":20ob388f said:
rareguitar":20ob388f said:
Other than my E34 20th Anniv the XTC Classic was my favorite in the line. Great open sounding Bogner goodness and while I am no fan of FX loops Reinhold puts a very good one in his amps.

IMO Loops are Reinhold's weakness. They are not the greatest; especially in the XTC, Shiva's.

In any case, I just sold my XTC Classic today. Great amp, but needs a lot of volume to get the goods.

Not to bring up old threads but it is comments like this about the older Bogners requiring lots of volume to sound good that has kept me from taking the plunge. I keep hearing the newer models are better at lower volumes. Too bad they don't make a 50 watt version. I has the same issue with a VHT UL! Could not use it on gigs so it went. Luckily I found a VHT ST/50 that can be run in the sweet spot for jams and gigs. I wanted a Deliverance but that too is too loud. Finding amps that work on local gigs is the hardest part. That is why I haven't gotten rid of my Egnater Mod 50 because I have yet to find an amp that works at so many levels and situations. I need to find a Bogner like this....hoping the 20th shiva could be it.

richedie":dpcbuv5k said:
jazzgear":dpcbuv5k said:
rareguitar":dpcbuv5k said:

Not to bring up old threads but it is comments like this about the older Bogners requiring lots of volume to sound good that has kept me from taking the plunge. I keep hearing the newer models are better at lower volumes. Too bad they don't make a 50 watt version. I has the same issue with a VHT UL! Could not use it on gigs so it went. Luckily I found a VHT ST/50 that can be run in the sweet spot for jams and gigs. I wanted a Deliverance but that too is too loud. Finding amps that work on local gigs is the hardest part. That is why I haven't gotten rid of my Egnater Mod 50 because I have yet to find an amp that works at so many levels and situations. I need to find a Bogner like this....hoping the 20th shiva could be it.

Honestly I've never ever found a best amp that sounds AMAZING at super low volumes as does the Diezel Einstein 50W head.

Perfect is not enough!

richedie":18bhxgxi said:
jazzgear":18bhxgxi said:
rareguitar":18bhxgxi said:

I have to echo your concerns. I've been searching for an amp that is both versatile, no more than 60 watts, with the ability to still rock at a lower volume. I'm not looking for a metal tone, but a hard rock crunch ala ACDC. I was trying to decide between getting a Shiva or the Suhr Hedgehog 50.

I have an XTC classic and a 20th Ann. 101b. Both sound great at lower volumes. The master's on these things are killer as far as I am concerned.

jamme61":2vnky65v said:
These amps sound great at low volumes go for and buy an xtc good prices right now
The real business starts when the amp's played at higher volumes IMHO :yes:

Ventura":tbbww8cy said:
jamme61":tbbww8cy said:
These amps sound great at low volumes go for and buy an xtc good prices right now
The real business starts when the amp's played at higher volumes IMHO :yes:

I agree but its also great at low volumes too. With the excursion on tight its easy to get some good tones at low volumes - also you have half power option, new old switch, some people have the class A mode- these all help you get there. Loud is always better :rock:

I've had a 101B, 20th Anniversary 101(6L6's) and have a XTC Classic that I love (but am also selling).
Out of the 3 I like the Classic the best, especially the Red Channel.
Cleans are a little better on the 20th but I prefer the OD channels on the Classic better than all the rest.
Killer Loop and Master Volume on all models IMO

For those worried about volume issues, simply purchase a Fryette Power Station and your issue is solved with any amp being "too loud."

Back