bogner uber question

FIREBALL

what is the difference between the different versions of the ubers... im confused, and would like to make it my next purchase

If you ask me, Death by Uberschall would be the one to ask.. I have seen him answer this question a few times :thumbsup:

Death by Uberschall will chime in...I can give you a quick run down, but he'll do the same, and in much better detail!

IMO, the Rev 2 is the best!

ibanez4life SZ!":2veqsp3r said:
Death by Uberschall will chime in...I can give you a quick run down, but he'll do the same, and in much better detail!

IMO, the Rev 2 is the best!
thanx

Rev.Blue is a 2 channel amp that basically offers a clean channel 1 that can get just slightly dirty, but doesn't really unless you're maxing out the headroom. The 2nd channel is high gain territory, but it's nice....smooth and sweet gain, and bloody, BLOODY loud!!

TwinJet is a 2 channel amp that offers a slight gain channel 1 that goes from semi-clean to good old AC/DC crunch right up to a modded plexi style tone. That's all channel 1. As for channel 2, it's full throttle overkill hi-gain territory. Now, it's good stuff - nice compression, steely sounding, in yer face brootlz, but it also had a 'more organic' side too, laying off the gain on Channel 2 and pulling back a bit - it has some depth to it for sure.

Basically though, prior to the TJ, Channel 1 was meant for stomps and FX, and with the TJ, as the name would imply - it's offering 2 channels of jet fuel for the higher-gain crowd.

Peace,
V.

PS - I've owned 3 Ubers, all different versions. As far as which one I'd take back if I needed to? I'd go with the Twin Jet with the clean mod on channel 1. Namaste...

I have had the TJ and now the Rev. Blue.. For some reason I like the feel and tone of the Blue better.. Must be the EL34s. The clips I have heard of the TJ w/ EL34s sounded great too..

Ventura":1tkpzsz4 said:
Rev.Blue is a 2 channel amp that basically offers a clean channel 1 that can get just slightly dirty, but doesn't really unless you're maxing out the headroom. The 2nd channel is high gain territory, but it's nice....smooth and sweet gain, and bloody, BLOODY loud!!

TwinJet is a 2 channel amp that offers a slight gain channel 1 that goes from semi-clean to good old AC/DC crunch right up to a modded plexi style tone. That's all channel 1. As for channel 2, it's full throttle overkill hi-gain territory. Now, it's good stuff - nice compression, steely sounding, in yer face brootlz, but it also had a 'more organic' side too, laying off the gain on Channel 2 and pulling back a bit - it has some depth to it for sure.

Basically though, prior to the TJ, Channel 1 was meant for stomps and FX, and with the TJ, as the name would imply - it's offering 2 channels of jet fuel for the higher-gain crowd.

Peace,
V.

PS - I've owned 3 Ubers, all different versions. As far as which one I'd take back if I needed to? I'd go with the Twin Jet with the clean mod on channel 1. Namaste...
tij is 6l6?

Original
Rev2 - EL34s as far as I know
Blue Revision - power amp section was changed from rev 2, EL34s stock, also I believe other changes occurred, but from user's point of view it's the same 2 channel amp, clean & high gain. I've played both rev2 & blue & persoanlly found there was not enough difference to justify preference of one over the other. Actually I'd pick blue revision, since it's so much easier to bias.
TJ - new power section design again, presence & deep added to power section, KT88s stock. Clean channel was revamped, so it's a crunch hi-gain channel now. Also I believe there were a couple of versions of TJ, where CH1 is a little different.

nbarts":ow4j1rfr said:
Original
Rev2 - EL34s as far as I know
Blue Revision - power amp section was changed from rev 2, EL34s stock, also I believe other changes occurred, but from user's point of view it's the same 2 channel amp, clean & high gain. I've played both rev2 & blue & persoanlly found there was not enough difference to justify preference of one over the other. Actually I'd pick blue revision, since it's so much easier to bias.
TJ - new power section design again, presence & deep added to power section, KT88s stock. Clean channel was revamped, so it's a crunch hi-gain channel now. Also I believe there were a couple of versions of TJ, where CH1 is a little different.
i feel kt88s give me a tighter/spongy feel at once, more so than el34s...can u feel that difference in them at all

That's probably headroom you are feeling. This depends largely on cabinet/speakers you use & power amp design. For instance a Deizel with EL34s will give you more of that than an Ubershall with KT88s. Bogner's power section isn't that impressive, I wish he would design a really powerful power amp for Ubershall. In my experience Uber's power amp isn't enough to handle it at really loud volumes and by that I don't mean it doesn't get loud enough, but it looses the sound structure, the balls, the blossoming beautiful lows & mids it has at lower volumes.

Have you ever tried E34Ls?

nbarts":qtuhiezs said:
That's probably headroom you are feeling. This depends largely on cabinet/speakers you use & power amp design. For instance a Deizel with EL34s will give you more of that than an Ubershall with KT88s. Bogner's power section isn't that impressive, I wish he would design a really powerful power amp for Ubershall. In my experience Uber's power amp isn't enough to handle it at really loud volumes and by that I don't mean it doesn't get loud enough, but it looses the sound structure, the balls, the blossoming beautiful lows & mids it has at lower volumes.

Have you ever tried E34Ls?
i put them in my herbert and mark 5 and i just feel like the tone has a certain cool richness, but it sounds looser and smaller...i didnt like my herbert until i got them out...i do like them in my marshall it sounds very sweet

If Herbert with E34Ls isn't doing it for you, then you probably wanna try an Uber with KT88s & I'm not even sure that will be enough for you, you may end up hating Bogners. :)

nbarts":q1jo31q2 said:
If Herbert with E34Ls isn't doing it for you, then you probably wanna try an Uber with KT88s & I'm not even sure that will be enough for you, you may end up hating Bogners. :)
but what if it clicks like a marshall does to me you know

Back