Bogner XTC Mini

PDC

Almost bought a Friedman BE Mini just for fun and to have a ‘decent’ practice amp without firing up the glass. Something to sit in the living room with a 1x12. The spirit left me before pulling the trigger. My bet is all of these 30 watt SS mini ‘boutique’ heads share 90% (+) of the same design, but I kind of dig the gain structure switches on the new(ish) XTC mini. Has anyone here got one of the XTC minis or has anyone played through one?

Of all the internet demos I've heard of these mini amps, the Bogner sounds best to me personally.

I messed around with one at a music store and it's a fun little amp. Haven't played any of the other mini amps so I can't compare it with them though.

That recent clip of the Soldano sounds remarkably good. I am surprised that these very similar format mini heads do manage to put out unique tones and sounds. At the price, you can't really go wrong.

Last edited:
I have the Bogner and really like it for what it is. Im liking the Soldano and thinking of picking one up. Im also thinking of selling my Mesa Stiletto since I cant always crank it up and take advantage of such an amp since I dont play out in the clubs.

Reactions: PDC
I’ve teed up the video demos of the Bogner, Soldano, and Friedman minis through the good external speakers on my home computer and will say 1) any of them sounds better than any small practice amp I’ve ever played through, and 2) credit where due, the designers did find a way to make them each sound different and unique. The differences are not purely cosmetic. My head is telling me to snap up a bogner, but my ears prefer the Soldano.

Reviving this thread. I’m getting one of these mainly to use for practice without heating up the glass every time I want to hear myself. But if I’m gonna take the plunge, I want a cool one. So I see these listing for the XTC mini in Red Rolex - but these listings are all from Japan. Are the red ones for overseas and international distribution only??

Attachments

• F6CA0E9E-15DE-4747-BA35-F3C3F7FCE752.png
    F6CA0E9E-15DE-4747-BA35-F3C3F7FCE752.png
    435.1 KB · Views: 24
I don't know anything about the Bogner but I got this little beast a couple days ago for the money it's well worth it, get your 15% off from Guitar Center and it's $212.50! It is a one-trick pony basically a high gain amp, it sounds pretty good. I'm running a delay and Reverb in the loop and having quite a bit of fun with it.

Attachments

• 20220624_065619.jpg
    20220624_065619.jpg
    4.8 MB · Views: 26
I bought the Friedman one months ago, and really struggled to get good overall tone out of it. Got the Bogner one a few weeks ago, and on first play with controls mostly at noon, it sounded a LOT better than the Friedman. Oddly enough the tone is really about the same, but the Friedman was very boomy in the bass and really harsh and fizzy in the highs. Couldn't dial either out without sacrificing another frequency pocket. Bogner is quite good for what it is. Very interested in trying the Soldano one at some point.

I still think it'd be awesome if they did a Synergy mini head that accepts one module with the built-in 30 watt SS power amp and could be used just like a Syn-1 or as a standalone amp.

It'd obviously be more expensive than the other mini heads but I think it'd be a rad concept

Back