Bold Move From Dean

Evan is no longer involved with the business. Elliot's wife is now running the business. I've been to their factory in Clearwater and they have an amazing team of builders for their USA models and are turning out some amazing guitars.
That's good news. Hopefully they can restore their image.

I had a Dean ML for a few years, it was a korean made green Dimeslime model and was actually a very nice guitar for the money. Wish I didn't sell it.

The Dean guitars from 1977-1983 are killer. Excellent woods and handmade craftsmanship.

We can all thank Dime for resurrecting The Dean brand along with Elliot Rubinson. We can all thank Evan Rubinson for embezzling money from the company, in essence stealing from his own mother.

Last I read they can't pay creditors 10 million owed. Thanks Evan you low life piece of shit!

Can someone break down the situation? And why the Dean hate? Never had or played one.
They've been a mess since their leader died in 2017, but what makes it especially ugly is that the company was left to his wife & his son. The son ran it into the ground with shady-looking dealings pretty quick, and now it's become a financial soap opera. Add to this Gibson winning their suit against them and forcing them to stop making their most popular models (V & Z/Explorer) and you've got quite the fire sale situation going.
So this post showing them re-releasing a Z-style guitar with the message "Zero F*cks Given!" makes for a perfect example of their class of yesteryear being long gone. Here's some info to make you glad your money isn't involved>>>

https://www.guitarworld.com/news/dean-guitars-armadillo-foreclosure-debts

Back