Boss cs3 compressor anygood?

The_Sh0t

Yo i might go out and buy this pedal today, i found it at a pawn shaop the other day for 50 bucks markd on it, im sure ican jew them down to around 35-40 but i was wondering if that would be worth it....id like to see if itll tighten up my amp so i can stop using my od pedal to tighten it up....think its a good price??

I also got that pedal used, and I think it is pretty good for $50. The only thing I don't really like about it is that you have to put the level up pretty high so that your signal doesnt lose volume. Also, I don't really use it on distortion, but I think it really helps out my cleans.

I have a CS-3 that I bought used for $40.

It is a good compressor to have for single coil guitar into a Fender amp to tame the shrill peaks and add a little sustain. You feel more comfortable playing hard without ice picking the front row.

I think it is too much for humbuckers. It really squashes the sound. But for $40 it is a must have for the collection.

I had one of them and also a MXR and one I built myself. The HBE CPR is the compressor that I now am using. Its kinda pricey at $139 but worth it. True bypass and all the high end components.

I paid $30 bucks for mine ( NEW )
when i bought my Blue Voodoo half stack
i happen to like the CS-3

Back