Boss PQ 4 into a 2203

No, but I've always been curious. Last I checked, they sell pretty expensive for a Boss pedal. Maybe the market has changed? But I recall prices of $200 or so.

Check out the EMPRESS PARAEQ. It's a 3 band Parametric with a separate 30DB switchable boost, 3 ways electable input pad levesl so you can set it up for up front of and amp or in the loop. I highly recommend it. It has a very low noise floor as well, it is pretty much a modern Furman PQ3. I A/B'd the empress next to my Furman and it sounded every bit as good and a little more quiet.

You can pick them up in the 180-200 range. I had the Boss a few years ago to try it and it was not as high quality as the Empress.

harddriver":24134q5a said:
Check out the EMPRESS PARAEQ. It's a 3 band Parametric with a separate 30DB switchable boost, 3 ways electable input pad levesl so you can set it up for up front of and amp or in the loop. I highly recommend it. It has a very low noise floor as well, it is pretty much a modern Furman PQ3. I A/B'd the empress next to my Furman and it sounded every bit as good and a little more quiet.

You can pick them up in the 180-200 range. I had the Boss a few years ago to try it and it was not as high quality as the Empress.

I had the Empress. Really versatile pedal, I found it to be too much for what I do, I like simple. But it's worth a try if you're looking for a para eq.

I have the Empress and it is just awesome. Mjght seem complicated but this is a set and forget pedal. Once its dialed in, it rips and you leave it be.

Super versatile for a lot of applications.

7 Stringer":1jpkagbz said:
I have the Empress and it is just awesome. Mjght seem complicated but this is a set and forget pedal. Once its dialed in, it rips and you leave it be.

Super versatile for a lot of applications.

:thumbsup:

Back