Bought a SBR……Clock has started

Bro KV

Went with my son to get him a Glock. Saw this Daniel Defense MK18 10.3” for sale. Started the paperwork, bought the tax stamp and set up a trust. Clock is ticking. Also added a ACOG to the purchase.
308E01D1-7131-47CB-88F1-D229589FD614.jpeg

Great gun, Ive got a DD M4 that has at least 8K rounds through it without a single hiccup. ACOG is a curious choice for an SBR, why not a red dot? I think the wait times are actually down to 90-120 days. Well, on suppressors going through silencerco's process anyway. The trust may add a bit of time, a buddy of mine is in Form4 purgatory at the moment with a trust going on 7 months

Last edited:
Nice purchase! I have a couple "Mock 18" upper builds that I'm really fond of. Mod 0 and Mod 1. Really like the DD quad rail system. Sure its a little heavier than Mlok, but I think attachments are more secure and they absorb heat quite a bit better.

Went back and purchased a Surefire RC2 suppressor which is in Form 4 jail. I filed a Form 1 for a lower I have which will be a SBR 300BO when done. Also added a DD M4A1, had the pinned/welded flash hider removed and a Surefire Warcomp put on which will accept the RC2. Put a Warcomp on the MK18 too.

06FB0F6C-C204-4A6E-B9EC-E1E119522A96.jpeg

Reactions: ccn
Will that model penetrate the 2" thick skull of a libtard ? Libtard skulls are so thick and hard that repeated blasts from anything under a 50 caliber at distances of 10 yards have shown to barely chip them let alone cause major damage.

Checkout libtard skull below , notice extended jaw line with giant ceramic tile sized teeth . Makes it easier for libtard to feed on it's favorite foods like tree bark and chunks of concrete .

Cnnk94AXYAAAmlJ.jpg

Went back and purchased a Surefire RC2 suppressor which is in Form 4 jail. I filed a Form 1 for a lower I have which will be a SBR 300BO when done. Also added a DD M4A1, had the pinned/welded flash hider removed and a Surefire Warcomp put on which will accept the RC2. Put a Warcomp on the MK18 too.

View attachment 153358
Nice!
I love Patriot brown :inlove:

Went with my son to get him a Glock. Saw this Daniel Defense MK18 10.3” for sale. Started the paperwork, bought the tax stamp and set up a trust. Clock is ticking. Also added a ACOG to the purchase.

Did they set your trust up as part the of the purchase? Looks like I'm going to get caught up in this new pistol brace = SBR mess, and I'm looking to set up an NFA Trust and go ahead and register it under the 120 day amnesty period and save myself the $200 on the tax stamp.

Did they set your trust up as part the of the purchase? Looks like I'm going to get caught up in this new pistol brace = SBR mess, and I'm looking to set up an NFA Trust and go ahead and register it under the 120 day amnesty period and save myself the $200 on the tax stamp.
I purchased the Traditional NFA Trust through my account on Silencer Shop. Filled out the paperwork online, printed it, had it notarized, scanned and uploaded it to my Silencer Shop account. Easy

If you got any questions on the process, let me know. I’ve been through eForm 4 and eForm 1 filings. You’ll need to do a eForm 1 for your pistol.

Last edited:
Thanks! I'll do that. Might be a little bit, I'm going to wait about 30 days before I start trying to set everything up. I'm curious to see how all the lawsuits look like they are going to shake out first.

I purchased the Traditional NFA Trust through my account on Silencer Shop. Filled out the paperwork online, printed it, had it notarized, scanned and uploaded it to my Silencer Shop account. Easy

If you got any questions on the process, let me know. I’ve been through eForm 4 and eForm 1 filings. You’ll need to do a eForm 1 for your pistol.
I bought an NFA Trust last year from a Black Friday deal, but haven't done anything with it other than print the whole thing out and immediately get intimidated by the leagalese and stuffed it away. I think with the impending brace ban I probably need to get on it. For now I'm only going to SBR one of my lowers as a scapegoat - no way am I registering the others so they can be taken away eventually (the less they know you have, the less they can take).

Yeah, I think I'm going to go ahead and get my NFA trust set up and then I'm going to sit back and wait to see what happens. I'll need that set up first anyway, just in case it comes down to taking advantage of the amnesty period and the waiving on the fee on the tax stamp. From my understanding you're compliant as long you submit the paperwork within the 120 days after the rule is in the national registry, until they make a decision on your application.

I don’t have any brace pistols so I am clear there. I am SBRing a lower just to have it set up. I’d probably sit back for a bit and see what lawsuits come about with this brace thing. But SBRing a lower is good cause you can put whatever you want on (so to speak).

I don’t have any brace pistols so I am clear there. I am SBRing a lower just to have it set up. I’d probably sit back for a bit and see what lawsuits come about with this brace thing. But SBRing a lower is good cause you can put whatever you want on (so to speak).
It is, but in my case living in one state and traveling to another state for work every day (I live on the border), you're supposed to notify the ATF every time you plan on transporting your SBR across state lines. Braces were also great for travelling firearms instructors in that regard. I have had several braces just from cycling to find ones I preferred, but I think I'm going to put a brace on my p/w 14.5 rifle just out of spite.

Short answer:

one Pro to an AR-15 with a less than 16" barrel/SBR/Pistol is it's slightly lighter weight (potentially) and you gain more manuverability around corners. Shorter barrel length really has zero to do with being able to more easily conceal, despite what the government thinks.

Cons: pending legality, much louder, target for future confiscation due to registration, may require fine tuning of the gas system or buffer system to cycle correctly. Typically a 16" rifle build can use standard parts and run just fine.

That's just speaking 5.56/.223. 300 blackout is a slightly different animal, and tends to perform better with shorter barrel platforms.

Now if you're asking about certain brands, then there's a lot to absorb in regards to levels of quality and price.

Last edited:
Big headache on these in Commie-necticut. We can't have SBR's, so this pistol brace ruling screws anyone who has an "other"

Back