Break even point in 90 years

rsm

1715647944011.png

did not watch the video but I think shit will change in November.
not all single-family homes will be required for the upgrades; however, that can change at any time. Builders of new homes have to incorporate the codes into their new construction, which can increase the cost to build by $30K+ depending on the size of the home, and those costs are past on to the buyer. To breakeven on these additional costs is the 90-year estimate in my post title.

It's even worse if you're building apartments/condos, not sure about office buildings.

I need new windows. 30k it's gonna cost. House was built in 2002. I could hold my face near one of my Windows in January and get ice on my face. But not buying new windows as I'm going to sell if the world is still a "thing" in 2 years or so. But I told my wife once the kid graduates, we're going south. She can come if she likes.

Reactions: rsm
I need new windows. 30k it's gonna cost. House was built in 2002. I could hold my face near one of my Windows in January and get ice on my face. But not buying new windows as I'm going to sell if the world is still a "thing" in 2 years or so. But I told my wife once the kid graduates, we're going south. She can come if she likes.
Take a day and put the film up. It helps a lot.
https://www.lowes.com/pd/Frost-King...lear-Heat-Control-Window-Film-3-Pack/50274233
not good if you have cats though.

30K. God damn. How many fucking windows do you have ?

I just put 3 windows in my house next door. I got the windows overstock at Norm's Bargain Barn. I bet between the lumber to frame them in and the windows I got less than $600 in it.

Reactions: rsm
not all single-family homes will be required for the upgrades; however, that can change at any time. Builders of new homes have to incorporate the codes into their new construction, which can increase the cost to build by $30K+ depending on the size of the home, and those costs are past on to the buyer. To breakeven on these additional costs is the 90-year estimate in my post title.

It's even worse if you're building apartments/condos, not sure about office buildings.
Don't worry, all the Lennar homes they are building around here will be complete junk ghetto rentals ready to be demolished probably before the 30 year mortgages are paid. You figure the price of the home, plus a new roof in 20 years max since they are built so piss poorly and cut corner plus all the other cheap junk they used that will break. The homes are huge and will require a lot of upkeep $$$.

Your nice community will become infested with criminal activity via low income rentals the poorly made homes will become. The few holdouts from the old days will enjoy their retirement days in a crime infested neighborhood. I don't see "the this at that" suburbs ever being gentrified after that. The quality is too poor. We are talking about vintage craftsman homes made of solid wood, lathe, and plaster vs new growth 2x6's, crap OSB, and chinese drywall. Bulldozer material.....

Back