BrownTone!!!!!!!!!!!!!

herbie

Herbie here.

Out here in San Francisco I work for Gary Brawer guitar repair. And "Real guitars". (vintage guitar/amp store and repair shop all in the same place).
Every couple of years or so Joe Satriani will come to the store and sell off
gear that he is not using anymore. Gary has been handling Joe's guitars since the beginning of Joe's career. So I bought his 1971 tube Echoplex
and I hooked it up to my Herbie...............Holy smokes! i already thought that my Herbie was awesome, but when hooking the Echoplex to it. it was unreal!!!!!!. An awesome warm tubey tone in all Channels . I noticed that CH 2 and 3 took on a Brown sound quality that only an Echoplex can give!!! significant boost and tonal clarity that no effect i have used could provide. Not to mention fantastic analog tape delay sounds.!!! i highly recommend them. (Of course its been a known secret that the all the great players,(Page,VanHalen,Edge,Summers, ETC.. Augmented their tones in the studio and live with an Echoplex!!! No exagerration, the difference was quite drastic. It made me cry.
Anyone else using a plex????? Sheeeeesh, I won't play or record with out one...........Ever!

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Tape saturation is definitely a sound all to its own.

Likewise I still love the sound of our recordings on 2" 16 track tape versus ProTools.

It's all a case of honey versus sacarine to me. My tongue and ears have the same taste I guess!! LOL :LOL:

Thank God my ears were introduced to the world of tubes/valves and analog tape recordings first, before the digital age arrived...

a cheaper alternative is the new boss dd-20

it has a echoplex setting that is really quite good.

sounds great with my herbert, and gives it a different vibe all together!

Back