"Budget friendly" Splitter with Ground lift?

Bash_Man

Looking for a 2-Out buffered splitter (1 Input - 2 Outputs) with a ground lift on one of the splitter outputs. what's out there that's small size and doesn't break the bank?

EDIT: Sorry, should explain what the usage application. Have a noise gate with a "key" type input like the Fortin Zuul. need to split guitar signal to that pedal and amp input.

Thanks for your suggestions.

May just be curiosity but why a ground lift on one side?

Asking because when I introduced an ABY pedal to two amps it caused unwanted noise. The fix was a ground lift (plug adapter) but on the power side.

Asking because when I introduced an ABY pedal to two amps it caused unwanted noise. The fix was a ground lift (plug adapter) but on the power side.
That's a way to do it. But I believe a pedal ground lift is supposed to be safer because the amp is still grounded whereas the plug removes the amp from ground.

The radial bigshot is the first thing that comes to mind on the cheap, ground lift and split works great, the iso on it sucks tone. The twin city is the active aby from radial and is supposed to be better but I have not tried it. I use a radial shotgun now, it's a 1 in 4 out with lifts etc. Great device and cheap for a 1 in 4 out. If a used lehle psplit is available in your budget it is fantastic, the dual sgos has more features and is equally awesome.

When I plug directly into the amp, everything is fine. Just highgain noise. When I plug into the pedal (Gup Sun) input and output goes into amp input and pedal is also in the loop, it causes a ground loop. A friend of mine made me a standard buffered splitter said to try it and see if it fixes the issue without lifting any grounds.

Years ago I met and had a nice long chat with Lonnie Totman, who was Eddie Van Halen's guitar tech for a while... And he said to Never ever do an amp ground lift.

One thing I was also suggested is if the ground loop issue continues with a splitter, then easiest thing to try is snip the ground connection from the 1/4" side going into the input of the noise gate.

Going to try the splitter and ground snip this week and see how it goes.

So if the Boss TU does not do it for you and you need the ground lift, have a look at Lehle pedals like the P-split or the Lehle Little Dual.

Sometimes a ground lift doesn’t always work. I have a cheap cable I cut the ground on one end that I use to check if a ground lift would work. You could always try that.

Back