Buxom Boost users - Are you experiencing this?

napalmdeath

The Buxom Boost is the only pedal I've owned that's done this. It will not play nice with other pedals, not even my ISP Decimator noise gate! Anything in front of it, it clips, and sounds hideous!

At one point, I had a Marshall JVM, and it obviously had some circuitry that didn't jive with it either - same thing. Sounded like a fuzz pedal, even with the EQ off. This is a great pedal, but if it won't get along with my noise gate, I render it useless, which is a shame.. I've been using my ISP with my MXR M-77 OD, no problem, and will continue to. On it's own, no ISP, the Buxom is the better pedal, no doubt.

Are you running this pedal 18V or 9V? I get a similar type of behavior when with pedals that run 18V with high gain amps.

I find it works great in front of other pedals. Works well after other pedals too in my rig. I bypass the eq and use it as boost only with both volume and tight set around 11 o clock. I find volume over 11 to be a bit too much, at least in my rig.

ZERO issues with mine.
also of note, its my fav boost ive ever owned,
It's a great pedal! I love it too, BUT, it doesn't play well with other pedals. Atlantic that's been my experience on 3 different pedals, and 3 different occasions.

Its not that it doesnt play nice you are just pushing the pedal to much and the signal level distorts whats after it.pedals generally don't have a lot of head room. Put it last in the chain before the amp.. The pedal is capable of making guitar level line level....

Its not that it doesnt play nice you are just pushing the pedal to much and the signal level distorts whats after it.pedals generally don't have a lot of head room. Put it last in the chain before the amp.. The pedal is capable of making guitar level line level....
I'll flip them around. But, it does it with my ISP decimator. I typically run that last. I'm just guitar ->Buxom->ISP Decimator->Amp input. This is the only pedal that does this. I've run the same set-up using an MXR Custom Badass OD, Airis Savage Drive, VFE Dragon, MXR GT-OD, Duncan 805, Zack Wylde OD, and the Buxom is the only pedal that does this. All my effects are in the loop, so the front end is just OD and noise suppressor.

It's a great pedal! I love it too, BUT, it doesn't play well with other pedals. Atlantic that's been my experience on 3 different pedals, and 3 different occasions.
randomly came back in this thread and saw my own post and i must admit not 2 weeks ago i put my ohaser after thr buxom and the buxom sounded shrill if the mids werent at zero. bizarre. but as you said the BB has ended my overdrive / boost search. ill work around it lol

randomly came back in this thread and saw my own post and i must admit not 2 weeks ago i put my ohaser after thr buxom and the buxom sounded shrill if the mids werent at zero. bizarre. but as you said the BB has ended my overdrive / boost search. ill work around it lol
Yeah, works great with my Fireball, since it has an on board noise gate. But, right now, my VFE Dragon has been the go-to.

Back