CAB M + Question about Amp In / Speaker Out

Hawkace

Hello,

I ordered a Cab M+ and I'm looking forward to it. Before trying it myself I wanted to ask if I can take the following route:
Amp Speaker Out -> Amp In of Cab M -> Speaker Out of Cab M -> Attenuator (Bugera PS1, does not act as a load, so Id just turn it down all the way) -> Cabinet

The reason I'm asking because the manual says cabinet OR loadbox, but never mentions the option of going attenuator first (-> muting the amp) and then cabinet. I tried finding information on forums, but nothing. People recommended to use the Line Out of the Loadbox to the Cab M. Which is stupid if you could just put the Cab M in between the Amp and Loadbox/Cab? The Line Out of a Loadbox or Attenuator could color the tone... anyways, the main question is if I can go amp, then Cab M, then attenuator, and finally cabinet.

Also soundwise, would reactive vs resistive load make a difference when the the Cab M is inbetween the amp and load?

Looking forward to your help, thanks and greetings from Germany

Last edited:
Good morning Hawkace,

Thanks for getting in touch, Ross from Two notes here. Providing you have a load (your cabinet) connected at all times, this should be fine. So we can sanity check this internally, are you able to let us know what Amp you are using please?

Thanks so much!

Kind regards,

Ross

Hi Ross,

Im using a Marshall DSL1 Head connected to a Cab with a Greenback 25W 16 Ohm. The Attenuator in between is a Bugera PS1.

Last edited:
Hi @Hawkace,

Thank you for confirming. May I confirm you have used the attenutor without the C.A.B. M+, between your amp and cab, without issue thus far?

Thanks!

Hi @Hawkace

Great stuff! You should be fine as the Speaker out on the C.A.B. M+ is simply a through. Please let me know if there is anything further I can help you with today!

Back