Cab shipping question

Matt300ZXT

Does anyone have a ballpark idea what it costs to actually ship a 4x12? I know GC gets great deals on shipping because of the volume they do. I can put a 4x12 in my cart and get a shipping quote of around $35-50, maybe a little more. I know that's suspiciously low. However, I got a shipping quote on having some empty cabs built and it was like $420 to ship 1....more than the empty cab itself. That seems like a huuuuuuge difference in price.

Does anyone have a ballpark idea what it costs to actually ship a 4x12? I know GC gets great deals on shipping because of the volume they do. I can put a 4x12 in my cart and get a shipping quote of around $35-50, maybe a little more. I know that's suspiciously low. However, I got a shipping quote on having some empty cabs built and it was like $420 to ship 1....more than the empty cab itself. That seems like a huuuuuuge difference in price.
I've had a few 4x12's shipped from GC for 38 bucks ....

How are the cabs being packed ?? on a skid ( pallet ) ..... sent in individual Boxes ?? who is the carrier being used ??

I run a Industrial Distribution Warehouse ......... I can get you " quotes " on just about any Carrier out there .... especially UPS / Fedex

I sold a loaded Wizard cab recently. I had the buyer just send me a label. Through UPS he paid $367 from Texas to Maryland

just cost the buyer $186 to ground ship my 50 pound amp from Long Island to SF
i was shocked. he didn't seem to care

I shipped a ‘72 1960B I found while traveling in CA to my home in TX. The empty cab was packed at the UPS Store - all-in with ground shipping was $210. (I pulled the Pulsonics and packed them for war as checked baggage on my flight, so no cost to ship them). If the speakers were in the cab, the cost (insured) would have been closer to $320. (Theres no way I was gonna risk shipping a cab loaded with Pulsonics through UPS/FedEx)

GC just ships them ridiculously cheap.

I've used uShip.com for furniture; presumably they'd handle a cab just fine.

Hey Matt300ZXT, many factors determine final 412 shipping cost (to & from, carton size, weight etc). Basically speaking, a properly packed cabinet will be very costly to ship.

Here's some info you may find useful.

https://www.rig-talk.com/forum/threads/staoneage-4x12-cabs-are-discontinued.268522/#post-3225085

Last edited:
Sent one on pirateship like 6 months ago was about 150 bucks. Not horrible. Shippings gone pretty bonkers though, would imagine just over 200 now.

Pirateship. Needs dimensions and weight for the quote. Great to work with.
This. All day.

Last time I shipped a cab it was out west to Oregon; and it was 450 I think. This was a couple yrs ago.
But, if I’d have known about Pirate Ship it would have been 200 in my estimation.
I had a big cab box saved from a GC buy; plus all the bubble wrap they used. If you have a Best Buy or similar near you, ask them if you can have one of their big appliance boxes.

Back