Calling all wah pedal fanatics!!

I will write more about the Dunlop MC404 CAE after spending more time with it.

The built-in MXR MC401 Boost/LineDriver is really nice and different than ones on other Dunlop wah pedals.

Currently my mind is more in a modern sound. So less in the vintage direction of wah.
Thats awesome! To my ear buffers wake up a wah pedal. When I take my buffer out of the chain I can tell there’s a little less life in the wah tone.

Late to the party but my $0.02- I've had less than 10 wahs, but the Dime wah is my favorite by an order of magnitude. Both at home & in the band it's just perfect.

Fulltone Clyde Deluxe is the best Wah I own. On my smaller "grab n go" pedalboard I have the Crybaby Classic which is very nice as well and ticks a few boxes for me i.e. true bypass and Fasel inductor. My only complaint in regards to the latter is the sweep of the pedal is too narrow, I wish it "Wah'd" just a bit more.

In my closet I have the Crybaby 535Q which is very nice as well and also a VOX Reissue which sounds great but sucks tone.

I mainly use Wah pedals in my classic rock cover band, when needed. However, sometimes I will randomly step on them for effect, usually mid solo etc.

Fulltone Clyde Deluxe is the best Wah I own. On my smaller "grab n go" pedalboard I have the Crybaby Classic which is very nice as well and ticks a few boxes for me i.e. true bypass and Fasel inductor. My only complaint in regards to the latter is the sweep of the pedal is too narrow, I wish it "Wah'd" just a bit more.

In my closet I have the Crybaby 535Q which is very nice as well and also a VOX Reissue which sounds great but sucks tone.

I mainly use Wah pedals in my classic rock cover band, when needed. However, sometimes I will randomly step on them for effect, usually mid solo etc.
The 847 definitely needs to be modded to be true bypass. I’ll never understand why they didn’t make that a feature for the modern era.

If you want it to “wah” a bit more you can up that vocal resistor up to 68 or 100k and to counter balance the brightness go from a 470ohm bass resistor down to 330ohm.

Those reissue Vox wahs can tone suck. I believe they have a buffer in them? If you remove it, and do a slight increase in the input resistor you’d get a better result. You can also include the mods above for a more lively wah tone.

Back