Calling Out Electro Harmonix

BeZo

My Bassballs pedal has been cutting out on me, and it was getting bad. I switched out cables, but nothing changed. I finally ripped it off my board and opened it up.
20210622_152233.jpg

The ribbon cable to the switch wasn't even soldered in all the way. I had to resort to luck and violence to get it to work because of that. I just touched up all the solder joints and it works like a charm now.

If you watch the factory tour of EHX most of the workers there look like 60 year old hispanic GrandMa's who know how to cook up a plate of rice and beans. Wiring up pedals....?

My Bassballs pedal has been cutting out on me, and it was getting bad. I switched out cables, but nothing changed. I finally ripped it off my board and opened it up.View attachment 82391

The ribbon cable to the switch wasn't even soldered in all the way. I had to resort to luck and violence to get it to work because of that. I just touched up all the solder joints and it works like a charm now.
Thank God this crisis has ended peacefully.

My Bassballs pedal has been cutting out on me, and it was getting bad. I switched out cables, but nothing changed. I finally ripped it off my board and opened it up.View attachment 82391

Bro, get this off Rig-Talk. This is HC-tier shitposting, no one cares, everyone here knows the MM story. Learn to use a soldering iron and quit yer bitching.

Yep....his comment was uncalled for and quite frankly a racist remark.
If they were a bunch of white Grandma's would it have been ok if I said they could probably bake me up a great apple pie? Point is, if you think some master builder is soldering together your pedals you're greatly mistaken. This isn't the Gear Page is it?

If they were a bunch of white Grandma's would it have been ok if I said they could probably bake me up a great apple pie? Point is, if you think some master builder is soldering together your pedals you're greatly mistaken. This isn't the Gear Page is it?
It makes no difference who builds them. Its unnessesary to have a need to identify them other than the builders or whatever term, solderers etc you want to use. Ethnic background is irrelevant.

I remember when my brother introduced me to the music of Hendrix. It really blew my mind. The guy looked like he should be dishing up a plate of fried chicken and watermelon not ripping killer riffs.

Back