Cameron V2 Hot Mod

Lumberjack

I read a couple of threads by @psychodave and I noticed that he posted a few videos where he showed the Cameron V2 Hot Mod, which is a plugin thing that goes into the V2 socket of most vintage Marshalls.

Sadly, these videos aren't online anymore and I can't seem to find any audio clips.

Is the Cameron V2 Hot Mod now available as the legendary tones Hot Mod V2 or are these two separate products?

https://legendarytones.com/hot-mod-...4-high-gain-plug-in-tube-modification-module/

If they are indeed distinct from each other, does anybody know where one could buy a Cameron V2 Hot Mod?

I dunno if they're built by Mark Cameron or not but I have a Legendary Tones Hot Mod v2 and it's awesome. Simple and easy to put in or take out and has a huge impact on tone and feel. I really dig mine. Money well spent.

Has anybody had the Cameron version side-by-side to the LT version? I guess psychodave is the only one out there with that type of plugin Cameron mod?

As I was recently told, the Cameron version is still being worked on and the pandemic caused lots of issues with a supply chains and a machine shop.

Side by side the LT and Cameron units are VERY different. I had LT make me a few custom units to alleviate the boomy bottom end the stock and Lynch versions have. It's a cool unit. Cameron's unit has a master volume, tone switch and gain (diode) switch so it works perfectly with non-master volume amps. In fact, it was designed for non-master volume Marshalls. When using it with master volume Marshalls, you have to reduce the bottom end on the amp to compensate for the added bass from clipping. Personally the Cameron unit is a game changer.... yeah, there have been other versions from other manufactures that have come and gone, but Mark is a wizard and knows his shit. If only he could get some of his ideas into a completed product.

I would really like to have one of these, and if they are anywhere near as magical as his Marshall mods, they will be hard to keep in stock.

(y)

Last edited:
I dunno if they're built by Mark Cameron or not but I have a Legendary Tones Hot Mod v2 and it's awesome. Simple and easy to put in or take out and has a huge impact on tone and feel. I really dig mine. Money well spent.
I concur. I got one for my Runt 50, and it was a religious experience. Turned it into everything I wanted the Runt to be. More harmonics, more low end, thicker and of course more gain.

Back