Can a cab's impedance be altered...

Thanks for the feedback. I've gone through most potential solutions and have come up bust. Everything was either not really viable or more of a pain that I want to deal with. So I've all but abandoned the idea of a Hartke 410. I'll wait until a pair of Hartke 8 ohm 210's come up at a reasonable price or look for something else with a sound I like that's different from what I already have. It's more expensive, but I've been looking more into Bergantino cabs.

by adding an appropriate resistor across the output jack or something along those lines?

I ask because I'm wanting a specific bass cab. It only comes in 8 ohms and I need 4 ohms. Replacing the speakers isn't an option and something like a Z-matcher isn't rated for the higher wattage.
There’s away to wire in a heavy duty AC rated toggle switch to switch cab impedance, don’t ask me how to do it though. Can only be done in cabs with multiple speakers.

I think if it were a workable solution it would be heavily marketed.

You'd need a resistor that could handle the wattage, and it would likely throw some heat.

A Z-matcher is probably a better solution, but again, I don't know of any that are rated for bass-amp level wattage.

Or maybe find replacement aluminum-cone speakers at a different ohm-rating.

Back